If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- The Senior Client Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing and overseeing all activities related to Executive Education programs.
- The position is very client facing and requires the person in this role to operate in a professional manner while building excellent and impeccable relationships with clients: which includes prominent companies located both nationally and internationally.
- The position requires the individual to perform their duties accurately and efficiently and ensure the clients receive the highest standards of service as well as have all programs run seamlessly.
- Ability to work frequently outside of the normal (M-F, 8:30-5) work hours and occasional weekends in order to prepare for and manage Executive Education programs, including attending all programs as well as conducting meetings to prepare for and plan events/programs.
- Attention to detail and quick responsiveness to calls/texts/emails from all constituents including clients, executive director, faculty, events team, vendors, etc.
- Departmental responsibilities include:
- Managing and Overseeing of all Executive Education program and event logistics which includes solidifying catering, confirming supplies needed, creating agenda, preparing faculty materials, ensuring spaces reserved, name tags completed, etc. This will all be done in coordination with an events administrator but it will be the coordinator's responsibility to ensure all items are handled and at times may need to assist with various aspects.
- Maintaining executive education calendar and ensuring all relevant departments are informed of any updates and changes regarding upcoming programs.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, transfers calls, greets visitors, answers routine questions, and directs visitors according to their needs.
- Purchasing and retrieving supplies for programs well in advance to ensure timely delivery. In addition, monitoring the department's budget and allocating expenses accordingly in order to remain within budget throughout the fiscal year. *Will review this on a constant basis with Executive Director.
- Coordinates the scheduling of program, designated classrooms, and the planning and organization of events for recruitment and programmatic activities.
- Drafts and initiates correspondence, develops agendas, maintains calendars, assists in accumulation of reference materials, and coordinates and attends committee meetings including preparing meeting materials, recording minutes, and assisting with follow-up activities.
- Maintain records of all transactions and contacts with clients.
- Finance/Accounting responsibilities include:
- Prepares financial forms (including pro-formas associated with each program).
- Reconciles expenses and creates reimbursements.
- Generates PO's for all supplies ordered and processes expenses for executive director.
- Coordinates the collection, compilation and analysis of program activity data; drafts comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports and evaluations for review, and monitors program effectiveness, making suggestions for revisions as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Business School's Budget and Finance department.
- Marketing responsibilities include:
- Creates/maintains the social media for the department including primarily the School's LinkedIn page and Instagram for all activities related to Executive Education.
- Maintains and edits the Executive Education page, which is located on the Business School Website.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Continuous upkeep of all client folders and consistently saving all correspondence for each program on BOX (online portal).
- Completes special assignments requiring collecting, organizing, and analyzing data which may be the basis for significant decisions
- Performs complex assignments; resolves issues referred by staff or the supervisor.
- Ensures completed work products meet required timelines and standards of quality and quantity.
- Resolves unique situations where each contact must be handled differently using judgment and discretion.
- Exercises discretion while representing the program and acts as the liaison to program constituents both within the University of Miami (i.e. students, administrative offices, and teaching faculty) as well externally (i.e. prospective students, corporations, community).
- Facilitates collaboration between schools and academic support units throughout the University in support of the program goals.
- Internal Coordination:
- Good teamwork skills are essential for this position.
- Weekly check-ins and communication with Executive Director to ensure efficient time management with responsibilities and to make ED aware of any pressing issues.
- Communication with other departments (i.e. events, facilities, vendors,) to obtain accurate information and ensure everyone is in alignment for upcoming programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferably in the areas of business, management, marketing, PR/communications preferred.
- A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
- Bilingual and fluent in both English and Spanish is a must.
- Previous experience in the areas of: sales support/ client facing and administrative position.
- Strong computing skills including proficiency in word, outlook, excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Canvas software or other creative design platform is a plus.
- Candidate must be extremely well organized and able to handle multiple priorities while using best judgment for decision-making.
- Demonstrate a high level of accountability, ownership, responsiveness, collaboration and professionalism.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while also being adaptable to unforeseen circumstances and handling them professionally and appropriately.
- This position requires a proactive approach with candidate anticipating department / client needs and taking initiative for upcoming programs.
- Executive Director relies heavily on the person in this position and expects them to be accountable and on top of their responsibilities.
- Department is looking for someone to begin as soon as possible once all screening and Universities processes have been completed.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here
for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: