Workers' Compensation Claims and Leave Administrator serves as the subject matter expert on Cambro's leave of absence and workers' compensation policies and programs. They are Cambro's primary point of contact for its employees, vendors, and business partners in connection with the execution and administration of these policies and programs. The incumbent takes an innovative, holistic, and integrated approach, collaborating across operational and functional areas, to effectively handle individual workers' compensation and leave matters, ensure proper execution of Cambro's leave policies, manage third-party vendor relationships, and facilitate compliance with regulatory and legal requirements. The role will also serve as the day-to-day administrator across the employee population, ensuring the timely execution of all policies and procedures in accordance company policies and applicable law. This position regularly advises and consults with Cambro leadership regarding leave and workers' compensation policies and practices and individual claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works autonomously, exercising significant discretion and independent judgment in carrying out the position's important duties and responsibilities
- Manages individual claims from beginning to end, including settlement authority
- Analyze and determine reasonableness of requested accommodations and job status of employees
- Conduct and lead the interactive process in partnership with employees, leaders, and HRBPs in connection with leave and disability-related matters
- Lead and innovate tools and process improvements in the Company's leave/workers' compensation policies/programs and create reports for management
- Communicate with employees regarding the status of their requests for leave and workers' compensation benefits and next steps
- Consult with and advise managers and other stakeholders of leave and workers' compensation claims
- Partner and communicate with workers' compensation administration vendor partners and legal counsel regarding workers' compensation policies/practices and individual claims
- Create and conduct leave administration and workers' compensation training programs and coach leaders in accordance with training/policies/processes
- Effectively handles sensitive and confidential material with care
- Prioritize tasks that require attention to detail and outstanding follow-up skills
- Coordinates meetings location for quarterly file review meetings with insurance carrier, brokers, and attorneys
- Maintains of OSHA 300 and 300A logs in accordance with OSHA standards
- Collects, compiles, and publishes H&S related data and statistics relative to MOS key performance indicators
- Travels to various Cambro locations as needed
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, walking, standing, bending at the neck, bending at the waist, squatting, twisting at the neck and waist, repetitive use of hands, simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below the shoulder, carrying/lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Working around equipment and machinery
- Safety glasses
- Leather top/slip-resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, ear muffs)
- Face covering (mask) in accordance with company policy.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant area of expertise
- Minimum of five years of experience in dealing with workers' compensation and leave of absence management
- Thorough understanding of complicated aspects of accommodations and transitional, light, or alternative duty assignments and working knowledge of federal and state laws regarding access for individuals with disabilities and accommodations under FMLA and ADA and applicable state law, state workers' compensation laws, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 (COBRA)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic to identify problems and/or trends while leveraging knowledge and resources to identify solutions or conclusions
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and complete tasks on time
- Excellent customer service skills to provide all parties involved the best customer service experience possible
- Ability to empathize and effectively communicate (written and orally) with a variety of personalities about sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency with MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic to identify problems and/or trends while leveraging knowledge and resources to identify solutions or conclusions.* Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and complete tasks on time.* Excellent customer service skills to provide all parties involved the best customer service experience possible.* Ability to empathize and effectively communicate (written and orally) with a variety of personalities about sensitive and confidential information.* Proficiency with MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).* Working knowledge of HRIS systems is preferred.
- Proficient with state and federal leave of absence laws, including FMLA, CFRA, ADA and other applicable leave laws.
- Must be bilingual English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems is preferred.
- Database experience
- Workers' Compensation Claims Administration (WCCA) certificate
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This job has expired.