AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. Their family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Their technology and services enable the agencies they serve to be more resilient, to protect communities and infrastructure, and to respond to the climate challenge.
The Sector Leader is responsible for driving growth, strategy, and sale of the AEM portfolio in the assigned market sector(s). They will lead the overall AEM go-to-market (GTM), collaborating with the GTM team to target and optimize sales, channel, marketing, and product strategies and priorities. They will possess a deep understanding of market and client needs, and the overall ecosystem of competition, technology, and solutions; and work with product and engineering to address those needs uniquely and optimally. They will provide a strategic vision and plan and sales playbook for sector growth, and work with the team to execute and measure success. They will be an AEM thought leader and evangelist in the sector, participating in industry events and inspiring innovation.
Assigned Market Sector (s):
Wildfire programs and agencies involved in Wildfire Weather Monitoring and Risk Management, spanning wildfire resiliency from preparedness and prevention to rehabilitation and recovery. The sector includes federal/national, state/province, and local government agencies and municipalities and industries like energy responsible for wildfire risk management and resiliency.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop go-to-market plans for assigned sectors, including target industries, customer segments, and geographic regions
- Anticipate and assess opportunities, dynamics, and trends in the market sector and in adjacent market sectors
- Work with other market sector leaders to ensure strategic alignment, and optimize overall business growth
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with strategic clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders within the market sector
- Serve as an ambassador and evangelist for AEM in the market sector
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to craft compelling value propositions and messaging, clearly differentiating AEM offerings against top sector use cases and pain points and the competition
- Assist product marketing with the development and delivery of sales enablement to ensure sellers can converse (in the industry vernacular) with clients to uncover challenges and pain points that map to our solution set
- Collaborate on the development and approval of major pursuits and provide oversight of capture plans that conform to technical capabilities
- Draw in technical expertise from across the organization to support significant program pursuits
- Support the identification and mitigation of risks and commercial terms during the pursuit process
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, maximize pricing and gross margin, manage backlog, and address other related financial and business goals (i.e., data rights)
- Continuously interact with clients/partners and project delivery personnel to ensure any service issues are identified and addressed in a proactive manner
- Reinforce collaboration and team building, exemplify client focus, commitment to excellence and innovation, and foster the AEM Ethos to ensure the Four E's are an integral part of the team culture
- Provide input to sales on account and territory plans, as well as channel and business development priorities based on AEM positioning, gaps, and market trends
- Coordinate with Centers of Excellence & R&D to align skills and innovation with market trends and to drive strategic technical development & hires.
- BA/BS + 15 years of experience and/or education, including 5+ years of general management or business line leadership
- 10+ years of experience in wildfire management experience spanning wildfire suppression, management, training, capacity building, and policy support globally, and related technologies and solutions.
- Expertise in wildfire risk management plans, fuels management, fire behavior modeling and planning, and analysis
- Proven Business Development experience: results focused with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge of revenue and pipeline management, gross margin, market share, BD ROI, client satisfaction, leadership
- Ability to broad scan sector end markets and trends to assist in strategy development and corporate development activities (M&A)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented, matrix work environment
- Understands market segmentation, territory planning, pipeline development and progression through to sales bookings
- Strong negotiation skills with complex solutions and sophisticated buyers
- Revenue and contribution margin
- Sales bookings attainment
- Pipeline cover
- Market share in strategic industries, agencies, & client sets
- Client share in terms of growth in ACV and ARR
You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position.
AEM & Earth Networks are Equal Opportunity Employers.
This job has expired.