Warehouse Associate l
- Picks customer orders from inventory stock and completes to meet productivity and accuracy standards.
- Checks and verifies inventory stock quantities on stock status reports or electronic information systems, edits orders for final completion.
- Assembles customer orders appropriately; weighs pallet loads, prepares orders for loading/shipping and secures pallets using wrapping equipment or other related equipment.
- Counts cartons or containers to crosscheck/verify customer orders and validates accuracy.
- Attaches proper identification on shipments indicating correct delivery address for destination of customer order. May also prepare Bills of Lading, including unit piece counts and weights, and any notations as required.
- Operates forklift or other designated equipment to transfer inventory stock pallets, or containers into designed picking and/or shipping/loading areas.
- Maintains forklift or other related equipment by checking battery, electrical charge hook-up, etc.
- Loads delivery vehicles as required.
- “Ship Confirm” Orders for invoicing and inventory purposes.
- Counts inventory stock during cycle counts, or physical inventory process. Crosschecks for accuracy.
- Cross trained on and expected to perform all other warehouse functions, including, but not limited to stock handling and shipping/receiving.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Communicates with supervisor any upgrades to improve job efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role will work seamlessly with the warehouse team and all other departments to ensure customer orders are accurate, uphold quality expectations and arrive on time. Required Skills:
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift: Physical effort and dexterity
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross functional
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment to include walkie rider, reach truck forklift, scissor lift and pallet jack preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and cleanliness.
- Basic math skills, i.e.: addition/subtraction/multiplication.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP’s.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to work overtime (up to 4 hours past regularly scheduled shift) and weekends when required.
- Ability to use computer systems & programs.
- Frequency of physical activity throughout shift:
- Frequent sitting, standing, bending/twisting of neck and waist, squatting and kneeling
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects from floor, conveyor, vehicle, table or overhead location
- Constant standing (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent lifting of 10-75 lbs. (1-8+ hours) throughout shift
- Frequency of upper and lower extremity activity throughout shift:
- Constant grasping with dominate hand (6-8+ hours)
- Frequent fine hand manipulation, pushing, pulling and reaching above and below shoulder throughout shift.
- Constant walking (6-8+ hours)
- Getting onto electric Walkie riders, forklifts and aerial work
- Manual lifting of products, upwards of 70 lbs.
Environment Factors and exposure throughout shift:
- Ability to lift 5 gallon buckets of paint (upwards of 70 lbs.) at approximate distance of 25’
- Ability to use Walkie Rider, Forklift trucks, Scissor Lift and other MHE
- Picking of orders is most frequent activity (upwards of 8 hours per day)
Hourly, Non-Exempt Company ProfileClick to see how you can paint your future!
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success, and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Benjamin Moore, we believe diversity of culture, talent, and varying perspectives is key to a collaborative, innovative, and successful business. We are committed to driving change within our organization through purposeful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) efforts, while also focusing on our customers and communities in which we serve. Our DE&I efforts allow each of us to authentically live our corporate values of Openness, Integrity, Community, Excellence and Safety. Our Social Impact programming of strategic local and national partnerships, in-kind donations, volunteerism, and more expands our ability to make a difference in the lives of all of our stakeholders. We hope you will join us and become an advocate for diversity and inclusion here at Benjamin Moore.Safety
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees—including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.
This job has expired.