ABOUT AMERICAN GOLF
American Golf is one of the most experienced and innovative operators in the golf industry today. As an owner, lessee, and manager of golf courses and country clubs for over 50 years, American Golf has the unmatched expertise to maximize any golf opportunity. Over its 50-year history, American Golf has been involved with more than 325 golf courses for various private entities or public agencies. Currently, American Golf manages over 55 facilities across the United States.
We're looking for a seasoned, hands-on Controller to own the accounting function and scale it with the company. We are seeking a VP, Controller to own the global accounting function and scale it with the Company . They will be the key driver and enabler in the development of people, process and technology ensuring data is readily available for management decision making, legal compliance, and external reporting on GAAP-compliant industry practices. This position will lead all accounting operations, financial reporting, and internal controls, as well as provide reliable and substantiated guidance .
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a fast growth corporate environment, have built organizations to scale for rapid growth, and have a history of experience that includes time in public environments and public accounting. Th e Vice President, Controller will report directly to the CFO.
$190-$200k w/ 30% bonus
- The Vice President, Corporate Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will oversee all operations in connection with accounting matters, including revenue recognition, consolidations, payroll, establishing and maintaining internal controls, external audit, general accounting and implementing scalable business processes/programs and tools to support out global growth.
- Responsibilities also include the recruiting, hiring, training and development of department staff, improving systems, policies and procedures for transacting financial matters
- Ensure the timely and accurate accounting treatment of all transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Leverage technology to build scalable/sustainable processes to create efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve employee experience.
- Continually evaluate and optimize month-end close processes, striving to deliver process automation, improved accuracy, and higher customer service . Champion s process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and general ledger activities
- Develop/enhance, implement, and enforce accounting policies and effective internal control processes/environment (SOX) to ensure the system and processes are operating efficiently throughout the company and reduce risks of the business . Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide financial guidance on technical accounting and financial reporting issue s
- Support the executive team in driving best practices across the Company related to timely financial reports, corporate governance, ethical standards and sustainable business practices
- Manage annual external audit and tax filings and a ct as primary point of contact for internal and external auditors
- Provide leadership required to build a strong accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, orienting, training and mentoring
- Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the "go to" accounting source in the Company
- Oversees t ransactional processing & managing of all accounting functions including Revenue, Fixed Assets/CIP, Leases, Accounts Payable/Accruals, General Ledger/ Accounting, and cash flow
- Ensure a sound financial system by leading t he efforts in evaluating and improving processes within the company's ERP and other key accounting systems , Refine s , enhance s, and implement s financial reporting tools and systems
- Assist s the corporate financial planning and analysis team in the preparation of budgets and forecasts and monthly, quarterly and annual review of reported financials
- Perform s other duties as requested by leadership
- Diversity Management & Promotion
- Business Acumen
- Critical Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Develops Talent
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (drive results)
- Ability to work in Fast Paced Environment
- 1 0+ years of progressive experience, with a mix of Big 4 public accounting experience and public company industry experience
- Restaurant/ r etail or leisure and entertainment industry experience preferred
- Excellent leaderships skills with experience managing a global accounting organization
- Strong SEC, FASB and GAAP knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with monthly and quarterly close
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to express complex issues and recommendations to executive and Board leaders
- Excellent conflict management skills at all levels in the organization as well as an effective and resilient stress manager
- Proactive and independent - must be eager to drive best practices, initiatives, and continuous process improvement
- Experience with a Big 4 or other national accounting firm
- Previous ERP system knowledge; Oracle Fusion a plus
Skills/ Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- A Bachelor's or degree or higher in accounting is required
- CPA required
- A hands-on leader able to work collaboratively across departments
- Strong business/operational process-oriented acumen and management skills combined with the ability to keep several initiatives in process simultaneously
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing deadlines
- Ability to influence others and promote a positive work environment
- Ability to promote a culture based on a high degree of collaboration, responsiveness, proactiveness, communication, transparency and problem solving
- Experience leading initiatives focused on people development and process improvement
- Days and hours of work vary by schedule and business needs.
- Special working conditions include but are not limited to a range of circumstances such as sitting or standing for periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunities for all. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis, (protected class), including but not limited to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, medical conditions, age, disability, citizenship status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state, and/or local law.
This job has expired.