GM Design's Advanced Studio in North Hollywood is seeking a Visualization Artist. In this role you will create compelling and exciting photographs, images, experiences, and animations within the automotive design process. The expectation will be to move and think fast, to engage, collaborate, and innovate in an exciting, cross-functional/cross-regional studio with us, creating visuals that drive innovation and excitement. You must have keen eyes for clean and artful design and superior CG skills which will allow you to translate high-level requirements into high-fidelity visuals.
With your understanding and knowledge in automotive design and it's process, you will create innovative animations, renderings, VR experience and other visualization content in support of a variety of studio projects using Maya, UE4, VRED and related 3D/2D and VFX. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
***You must submit a portfolio or reel to be considered for this position. Instructions are below***
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Additional Job DescriptionSkills and Abilities:
- Responsible for immersive assets' creation using UE4 and VRED to support HMD design reviews and interactive visual applications (as a tech artist)
- Prepare/transfer vehicle data for the CG pipelines, interacting with designers/sculptors internal to the studio and that of the other regions
- Be responsible for CG related concepting, modeling, animation, lighting, rendering, compositing and sound, from very beginning to project completion
- Collaborate and communicate with other departments to ensure product success, collaborate with cross-functional team during various visualization pipeline phases
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to follow feedback/art direction with a keen attention to detail
- Balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines & design frameworks, take project ownership and drive for high-quality results
- Be comfortable executing R&D and creative/technical exploration
Education and/or Training:
- Knowledge in VRED, Unreal Engine 4, and/or Maya - 3+ years experience preferred
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills to effectively explain and resolve difficult situations to staff and management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Understanding of software such as Maya, VRED, VRAY, Nuke, AE and PS
- Knowledge in MS Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Alias, Blender, Rhino, Gravity Sketch knowledge a plus
- Experience with UE4 development
- Passion for emerging technologies, visual storytelling and excellence in all aspects of automotive visualization
- Possess excellent work ethic, professionalism, and personal drive for continuous success
- Strong leadership ability
- Ability to work under tight timelines and handle multiple assignments at once
- Ability to create high quality photorealistic renderings
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Bachelor's level degree or equivalent combination of education and industry related experience required.
- Preferably 3+ years of work experience in CG/Visualization field automotive design
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio or reel in addition to your resume and profile. You may include a link to your online portfolio in your resume or the "website" section of the application OR if your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume.
1. Save your portfolio as a pdf document
2. Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf
3. Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
DISCLAIMER: The Works included in your Career Portfolio must not be subject to any non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreement. If the Works in your Career Portfolio are owned by your current or former employer, or by any other Third Party, there must be an express written consent from the Owner allowing the Works to be included in your Career Portfolio for sharing with General Motors ("GM"). By sharing your Career Portfolio, you grant to GM the right to quote, paraphrase, reproduce, distribute, or otherwise use all or any portion of the Career Portfolio for purposes of making a hiring determination. By sharing your Career Portfolio, you also agree to release and discharge GM, and its licensees, successors, and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action that you may have regarding any use of the Career Portfolio, including (but not limited to) any claims based on the right to privacy, the right to publicity, copyright, libel, defamation, or any other right.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.