The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Visiting Research Project Manager with the Beckman Institute. This position works closely with a team of investigators in a large scale, epidemiological, prospective, birth-cohort study to manage and ensure quality control in all phases of the research.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of participant recruitment, enrollment, retention, and tracking
- Supervision and quality control of data collection, coding, entry and data report summarization
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of protocols for research procedures for interviews or questionnaires, or processes for auditing or entering data
- Hiring and supervision of team members (students, volunteers, and Research Assistants), including task assignment, performance monitoring and evaluation, career/position mentoring, and pay/leave/travel approval
- Supervision of data collection processes and support for training and assignments of data collection projects
- Communication and coordination with research partners, including national partners and funders (such as the NIH), local OBGYN clinics and hospitals, and out-of-state academic institutions
- Planning and monitoring of budget spending
- Regulatory oversight of project including IRB amendment development, submission, and tracking; development of inter-institutional agreements including DUAs and MTAs; and documentation and trainings for national project
- Oversight of biorepository and analysis projects including shipments, receipt of results, tracking of specimens, and training of staff to process samples
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in public health or related field. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted based upon the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position.
- Experience working in research involving human subjects or working with health-related data
- Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's in public health with an emphasis in epidemiology and/or biostatistics. Alternate graduate degree fields will be considered/accepted based upon the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position.
- MPH with an emphasis in epidemiology and/or biostatistics
- Experience working on a health-related research project involving human subjects
- Experience working with large, health or health-related datasets
- Experience working with online survey tools such as Gizmo/Alchemer, REDCap, or Qualtrics
- Experience conducting interviews over the phone and in person
- CITI training for protection of human subjects in research
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Strong project management skills and ability to coordinate complex logistics
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and at least some familiarity with Access
- Technologically savvy and interest in learning about new technologies
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, fast learner, problem-solver and able to switch tasks quickly without letting things slip through the cracks
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and teamwork skills
- Interest in research on women and children's health
- Ability to convey enthusiasm about the research to team members, participants and the general public
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively with a professional demeanor in a diverse and fast-paced work environment, consisting of multiple and changing priorities, with minimal supervision
- Strong communicator and problem solver who is able to adapt to different communication styles and ensure team members are informed, trained, and invested in the project
- High-energy, fast-paced working environment where multi-tasking, re-prioritizing, dealing with last-minute requests/demands and tight deadlines, and the ability to handle change are key
- Interruptions are frequent
- Onboarding process will involve a steep learning curve that will require (a) willingness to take courses and acquire certifications to obtain the necessary skills and clearances to work in wet lab; and (b) motivation to take careful notes, study complex documents and files, and shadow the research team in various research activities to develop an in-depth understanding of the research goals, needs, and requirements.
The Visiting Research Project Manager is a full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position that may become regular at a later date. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In order to ensure full consideration, application must be received by May 14, 2021. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The expected start is as soon as possible after the closing date. To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by May 14, 2021. All requested information must be entered for your application to be considered. For further information, please contact Beckman Institute Human Resources at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
Visiting Research Project Manager - Beckman Institute (144378)
Beckman Multidisciplinary GandC