Hybrid:This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
The Virtual HIL (VHIL) engineer in the Virtual Design Development & Validation (VDDV) group will be responsible for deploying Virtual ECU (VECU) and Virtual Bench models to meet the objective of shifting control software development and validation earlier in product development, resulting in more robust software integration. The VHIL engineer will work with VECU models and interface them with other test tools to meet the needs of control software development, integration, and validation engineers. The VHIL engineer will also integrate multiple VECUs with other tools in a Virtual Bench to meet similar needs. This position is an excited opportunity to be part of the transition to virtual tools which will allow General Motors to accelerate our product development.
The candidate must be prepared to deal with a high degree of ambiguity while striving to meet objectives.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Skills
- Work with Virtual controller models, interface models with other test tools and compare results against development and validation requirements
- Integrate multiple Virtual controller models with other tools
- Understand needs of control software development and validation engineers and adapt/exercise virtual models to meet their needs
- Leverage the power of virtual engineering to improve control software development and validation
- Develop innovative methods to increase virtual engineering productivity including automation using scripting
- Identify new application areas for controller models and develop new virtual capabilities to align with emerging / future customer needs
- BS in Software Engineering / Computer Science Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in software coding using either of C, C++ or Python
- Embedded control software development, integration, or validation experience
- Proven record of accomplishing change and exceeding customer expectations in previous projects
- Highly proficient in leading capability growth projects to develop new analytical and virtual techniques
- MS in Software Engineering / Computer Science Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Aerospace Engineering
- Software coding experience in SystemC / TLM
- Familiarity with controller hardware architecture, HWIO / BSP software
- Familiarity with Linux and Jenkins
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical skills where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively across control software development, integration and validation teams, virtual tool suppliers and ECU Tier 1 suppliers
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.