There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Other responsibilities will include:
- You will analyze and implement product or machinery designs for the best method for manufacturing processes
- You will propose and evaluate the processes for equipment in assigned area
- Direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes for assigned area
- You will keep regular contact with partners outside the work group
- You will provide direction to small group of technical employees
- You may evaluate or monitor expenditures for processes and/or equipment
Additional Job Description
Virtual Analysis and CAE Lead Engineer - Body Manufacturing Engineering
- Lead team of Virtual Analysis and CAE Engineers that utilize math tools & utilities to assess Product compliance to Manufacturing Requirements (MRs) for Weldability, Sealing, Gun Access, Part Handling, etc. at each templated Product Math synch point
- manage workload of the team, set priorities, and ensure team's deliverables are completed on time and meeting customer's requirements
- assist team members during peak workload periods
- assist in training and development of new members
- Drive Continuous Improvement of existing math tools & utilities and assist in development of new tools/utilities to support validation as new manufacturing processes/product design features are implemented (e.g. laser welding, Flex Fabrication, etc.)
- expand use cases of ME CAE studies to validate manufacturability of product designs
- Part Load path, Part/Feature sag, deflection, Laser braze thermal distortion, etc.
- drive correlation of study results with actual product/process
- seek/share new processes/tools with our Global ME Virtual and Product Interface Engineering teams
- ensure standardize work and task element documentation is accurate and maintained
- Work Hours can significantly fluctuate based on the number of Vehicle Programs supporting and their stage of development
- Facilitator/leadership skills
- Ability to manage workload of the team, set priorities and ensure team's deliverables are completed on time and meeting customer's requirements
- High level of Oral and Written communication skills
- Experience with Siemens Suite of Tools
- TeamCenter, TcVIS, NX, MPP, Process Simulate/Designer
- Proficient in MS excel and macro creation (or equivalent) to support existing math validation utilities
- Familiar with CAE tools and applications to support ME validation of Product impact on Manufacturing processes
- Familiar with math-based processes
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new software and math tools
- High Level of analytical abilities to help team members solve complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work remotely
- Workload sharing and drive Continuous Improvement activities with global VE & PI partners
- Remote collaboration with global customers (Manufacturing Engineering, Product Engineering and Suppliers)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Body Shop launch experience
- Experience in BIW tool design and build
- Familiar with General Motors North America (GMNA) Manufacturing Standards
- Welding, tool design, Body Manufacturing Requirements
- Knowledge of Global Vehicle Development Process (GVDP) timing elements and deliverables
- Robot simulation experience
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.