CNH Industrial is a global leader in industrial goods. We provide farmers with cutting-edge technologies to help them feed a growing world population and we assist in building and rebuilding cities and infrastructures, all with future-proof powertrain solutions. With our Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, and FPT Industrial brands, and comprehensive solutions for financing and aftermarket services, we're driven to meet the needs of our customers.
As a Crop Production Vehicle System Architect, you will be responsible for developing and executing the electronic system roadmap for all crop production products, which includes Seeders, Planters, Sprayers and Soil Management Equipment.
- Identify technology trends and develop electronic strategy roadmaps for inclusion into crop production offerings
- Survey technology and distill information down to key decision making points; make complex concepts understandable for all audiences, including non-technical decision makers
- Understand what is to be accomplished and why it is required; must understand how the system works as a whole and what the limitations are
- Organize details into logical groupings and summarize key concepts; must be able to step back and look at the big picture
- Collaborate with, understand, and develop electronic systems with technical leaders within hydraulics, mechanics, agronomy, control systems, precision farming, UI/UX, as well as software and electronics; must be able to ask questions and critique designs from these technical leaders
- Develop a network of contacts to stay abreast of new technology; participate in industry standards development as necessary
- Develop a network of contacts to stay abreast of what is occurring within the company in other segments
- Define human resource needs based on technology to support detailed project planning
- Interface with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products
- Define the test concept (stimulus/results) for the verification of the implemented control and assist in directing field tests for the products and systems
- Review and approve crop production electronic systems requirements and specifications
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, Safety Analysis, and Hazard and Risk Assessments
- B. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems/Controls Engineering or Computer Science with 6+ years of extensive product design and development experience
- 6+ years of experience designing & developing large scale embedded / electronic systems from conception to release
- Experience with off-highway/on-highway mobile equipment
- Experience developing and managing electro-hydraulic system requirements and specifications
- M. S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems/Controls Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Understanding of Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with Waterfall, Agile & Scrum
- Understanding of Software-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing
- Vehicle networking protocols and architectures (e.g. CAN, LIN, ISOBUS, Ethernet)
- Experience with agricultural equipment and/or machines
- Experience with control systems
- Experience with precision farming
- Experience with Requirements Management Tools (ex: DOORS, Polarian, etc…)
- Experience as a Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience managing outsourced resources
- Technical team leader experience
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Independent thinker and capable of working with minimal supervision
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional information here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
This job has expired.