Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
The employee may be required to collaborate with onsite team, 1-4 x per year.
As an Energy Model and Toolchain Development Engineer, you will develop tools, tool interfaces, and processes to simulate complex vehicle systems that impact vehicle performance and efficiency.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
• Improve Energy and Performance tool capability, fidelity, correlation, and data analysis techniques
• Identify opportunities for tool and model improvement - focus on growth areas such as Co-Simulation, Machine Learning, User Experience, Variation Analysis, Modular Systems & Fidelity Levels.
• Train the users of Energy tools and provide support as needed
• Collaborate cross-functionally as "One Team" with other focus areas such as Thermal Analysis, Vehicle Dynamics, Vehicle Controls, Electrification Analysis, etc.
Additional Job Description
- 2-5 years of relevant experience or specialized advanced degree in vehicle energy systems.
- Experience with vehicle simulation tools and software, or ability to rapidly learn and develop capability
- Interest in developing tools and processes to drive increased organizational effectiveness
- Demonstrated ability to dissect and leverage analysis and test data
- Solid understanding of engineering theory and principles of mechanical/electrical/thermal systems
- Significant analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex
- Desire to over-achieve goals and objectives and effectively represent the tool or vehicle customer
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, work in a disciplined and consistent manner
- Collaborate effectively with others for mutual benefit, emphasizing teamwork
- Effectively engage, learn from, and assist global team members
- Knowledge of Vehicle, Powertrain, and Controls Integration
- Ability to challenge Peers and Supervisors when appropriate
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Specialized advanced degree in vehicle energy systems
- Passion for tool development and vehicle Efficiency, Fuel Economy, EV Range and Performance
- Knowledge and/or experience in Big Data, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with Simulation and Analysis Tools such as MATLAB/ SIMULINK, GT-Suite/Thermal/Power, AMESim, GMSim, CarSim, AVL and/or vehicle controls and calibration.
- Experience with GM Vehicle and Powertrain Development Process, Advanced through Execution
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
Master's Degree in Engineering preferred
DFSS Black Belt Certification
The average annual salary paid for this position is $122,673.00.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.