Virtual Design, Development and Validation (VDDV) at General Motors is looking for driven individuals to become Computer Aided Engineers (CAE) and lead the future of virtual engineering. As a company we are focused on using virtual tools as the primary driver to enable speed and built in quality. We are looking for our candidates to lead engineering projects by demonstrating initiative, creativity, decision making, and project management throughout the vehicle development process. In addition, to provide technical direction while working with multiple functional groups.
Types of Opportunities include:
Thermal Chassis & Aerodynamics Organization: Aerodynamics and aeroacoustics development, thermal development, vehicle dynamics and loads development, chassis systems structural and CFD development, multidisciplinary controls integration development.
Safety Organization: Structural Crashworthiness development, Occupant simulations and restraints development, Global Human Body Models (GBHM) applications, Pedestrian/ bicyclists protection, Battery systems structural development, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems/controls (ADAS) simulation/development, Physics-based Sensor modeling.
Body Systems, Interiors, Noise & Vibration: Interior thermal and physical comfort, noise & vibration, linear & nonlinear body systems and closures development, exteriors development, HVAC development, passenger airbag deployment and development, and structural integration.
Propulsion & Electrification: Electrification and Powertrain system design optimization of Ultium batteries, engines, conventional transmissions, drive units, motors & power electronics for performance and durability. This organization includes development in Electrochemistry, Thermal-Fluids, Electrical Systems, Structural, NVH, Energy, and Virtual Controls & Calibration.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies for flexibility:
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications:
Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- A completed undergraduate degree
- Currently pursuing a Master's Degree or PHD with expected graduation in December 2021 in the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering Related Fields
- Other similar degree fields
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.About GM
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others in line with company culture
- High level of analytical ability to solve exciting problems and to integrate sophisticated systems
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship leadership skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, take initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking that is customer-centric
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.