As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions to effectively manage risk.
We are looking for a UX Designer.
What can you expect?
The UX Designer will be responsible for working closely with design team members, product, business and technical partners to create best-in-class experiences with the goal of exceeding management and user expectations, playing a role in steering transformational Marsh design programs and products to industry-leading standing.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and confident designer with strong communication and relationship-building skills, is highly-collaborative but not afraid to take chances and to communicate the "design perspective" when representing the needs of the user and of UX. The UX Designer will proactively and diplomatically speak for the voice-of-the-customer, the end-user and our UX perspective.
What's in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- You will enjoy highly collaborative relationships with the UX and research team as well as our product, digital and technical partners to identify, understand and iteratively design for user needs, address pain points and recognize and act on opportunities.
- You will have the opportunity to "start at the beginning" in working with non-design partners to effectively convey user experience concepts through mock-ups, wireframes, visual designs and early prototypes. Effectively convey specifications, functionality, dependencies and other details through written design annotations and verbally on design reviews and daily stand-ups.
- You will interactively work "on-the-fly" with development teams to make rapid updates in live prototypes.
- You will have the opportunity to confidently exercise verbal, visual and written presentation skills in sharing concepts, progress and results to stakeholders.
- You will make critical contributions toward driving Marsh's UX programs toward bold aspirational goals on an aggressive schedule.
What you need to have:
- Represent our users and the voice-of-the-customer first and foremost as you create effective and ground-breaking user experience solutions. Demonstrate enthusiasm for Design and UX in every interaction.
- Collaborate effectively with technical, product and UX colleagues, often across multiple teams, projects, priorities and scrum teams.
- Work closely with the Digital Design Operations Manager and the UX team to schedule and manage design intake, work and delivery processes within the Agile/Kanban framework.
- Work efficiently within technical processes, with an ability to interact fluently with development partners.
- Understand and be able to explain design perspectives, processes, plans and timelines to partners, stakeholders and scrum teams. Facilitate and direct the design discussion in reviews from the "UX perspective", representing design solutions with the user in mind.
- Be comfortable working within an Agile framework, often with demanding requirements, under tight deadlines and across multiple scrum teams.
- Diplomatically build relationships applying excellent interpersonal communication abilities, while positively conveying a clear message under sometimes challenging circumstances.
- A portfolio demonstrating a history of innovative design with a record of creative user experience solutions.
- 3+ years of practical, hands-on success as a user experience designer, visual designer or similar.
- A bachelor's degree in design or equivalent additional work experience.
- An ability to iterate on innovative designs in an environment of ambiguity and potentially conflicting priorities with diverse and demanding partners.
- Familiarity working within a SAFe/ART team structure while employing Agile-based tools in collaborating with partners toward project goals.
- A calm demeanor with strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- A design background in insurance, banking or other financial services is desired.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers
This job has expired.