Job ID: 483194
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Individual shall perform various duties around the facility which include general laboring, equipment operation and plant maintenance.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions):
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the plant foreperson with the daily operations and upkeep of the plant.
- Ability to maintain and safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment, including but not limited to; Frontend Loader, Haul Truck and skid steer loader.
- Other miscellaneous duties include but not limited to; general labor, shoveling, performing necessary equipment maintenance, assisting foreperson and/or crew members as needed.
- May perform welding and fabrication duties as required.
- Ability to detect safety hazards and equipment malfunctions and respond accordingly.
- Ability to follow directions.
- General understanding of OSHA & MSHA regulations.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior Heavy Equipment experience, including Crushing Operation helpful.
Ability to communicate sufficiently to be able to convey and exchange ideas and to give and to receive detailed verbal instructions.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or variables.Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRHoperates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 22, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Athens Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Laborer, Facilities, Fabrication, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, Mining
This job has expired.