Job Description Summary
This positions' general purpose is to break down empty totes, separating the good and bad totes, hand stacking cases on to the pallets according to customer specifications, and by assisting the cold room personnel for breaks and lunches.
Skills & Experience
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Hand stack (palletize) finished product (cases) on to pallet.
- Assist with breaks and lunches at designated times.
- Monitor product codes on outside of box, to insure the best legibility.
- Monitor overall case condition for tears and/or signs of product leakage.
- Assist line personnel by keeping Wexxar staging full at all times.
- Assist line personnel by keeping work area clean.
- Break down empty production totes.
- Band sets of broken down totes together to be shipped.
- Operate controls to dump totes of product into hoppers.
- Assist tote dump and forklift operator in the rotation of their breaks.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental company goals.
- Actively engage in safety, participate in safety programs, safety activities, and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety of other team members. Report all incidents, near misses, and any safety concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned
- No formal education is required for this position.
- It is helpful but mandatory for employees to have the ability to communicate in English verbally.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work on any shifts, including weekends.
- Possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions.
- Properly use Lockouts, safety procedures, and be constantly awareness of your safety and the safety of your team members.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being done.
- Understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a cold environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Will work around forklift traffic.
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.Job Qualifications
This job has expired.