What you'll do at
What you'll do...
The mission of the Advertising Technology organization is to advance Walmart e-Commerce by driving higher value for our customers and vendor partners. Walmart is investing in building a world class advertising platform and the Ads team is responsible for defining, innovating and building performance advertising products that drive product discovery, sales and profits.
The Staff Data Scientist - Computational Advertising is a critical data science role that uses cutting-edge machine learning, deep learning, big data mining and optimization techniques to solve the challenging problems from ads relevance, ranking to campaign optimization. You will have a chance to work with the world's best machine learning scientists, engineers and product managers to solve some of the most challenging problems from e-Commerce and advertising business.
You'll make an impact by:
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Researching, innovating and developing cutting-edge machine learning models and algorithms with high-dimensional, complicated unstructured and structured data.
- Experimenting and processing large scale e-Commerce datasets using distributed computing platform, mining insights from data, discovering and building models that optimize towards various business goals and metrics.
- Building advanced feature extraction algorithms that feed into various advertising applications, including audience targeting, relevance and ranking, measurement and optimization.
- Building machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, active learning algorithms to continuously drive ads relevance and conversions; building end to end system and solution to optimize advertising products performance.
- Conducting large-scale A/B testing and offline/online experiments to evaluate performance of new machine learning models which serve hundreds of millions of ad impressions per day.
- Working closely with leaderships, product managers, system engineers to continuously and collaboratively ship new models, algorithms and improvements into production.
- Presenting business insights internally and externally.
- You're experienced with Data Science and Machine Learning (aka A.I.), including Regression, Classification, Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, Active Learning, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- You have strong implementation experience with at least one of the programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.).
- You have strong hands-on skills in data wrangling over massive datasets using distributed computing platform.
- 2+ years of experience mentoring junior data scientists or machine learning team.
- You have a graduate degree in a computational science with a lot of emphasis in Machine Learning and Data Science.
- You have experience in online advertising, recommender system, search engine, ecommerce or related areas.
- You're experienced with end-to-end modeling projects emerging from research efforts.
- You have an excellent academic or industrial track record of proposing, conducting, and reporting results of original research, plus collaborative research with publications.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.About Global Technology
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day.Future Ways of Working:
Our company's success can be attributed to our employees. While technology has allowed us to be effective while working remotely, there is no substitute for being in the office together; it helps to shape our culture, collaborate, innovate, build relationships, and move more quickly. We strive to provide flexibility in order to promote a healthy work-life balance but recognize that in-person interactions are important to our culture and shared success. We'll meet in person on a regular and purposeful basis.Benefits:
Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $160,000.00-$230,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in an analytics or related fieldPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)Primary Location...
600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle in Silicon Valley. Here, you can have both.
This job has expired.