Church World Service, Inc.
Position Title: Information Technology Systems Administrator
Reports To: Information TechnologyDirector
Team: Information Technology/Corporate Center
Location: US Remote
Status: o Non-Exempt þ Exempt
o Bargaining Unit þ Non-Bargaining Unit
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position oversees all systems and system processes for Church World Service, with a strong focus on security and project management. This includes support of on-premise computer systems, cloud-based systems, communication systems, security systems, hardware, software, data management systems, device deployment, account life-cycle, documentation and inventory. Additional duties include e-mail administration, LAN administration, SharePoint Workflows and Intranet management.
As the IT Systems Administrator, you are responsible for overseeing all system-level processes and environments, and ensuring they comply with established IT security procedures and guidelines. This includes but is not limited to maintaining up-to-date documentation on processes, overseeing and enforcing processes to maintain up-to-date and accurate distribution lists, tracking and maintaining inventory of all CWS-owned devices and licenses, managing backup and restore processes for all CWS data, overseeing and fully managing the Azure AD and Intune environments, managing and maintaining on-premises servers and networks, enforcing security requirements, managing the antivirus, Umbrella and Duo systems, supporting new technologies, implementing and managing processes related to incident response and performing regular internal audits on security systems.
Strong project management skills are essential.
Maintain current certifications in Cisco and/or Microsoft technologies, including Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, Microsoft Azure Security Engineer, MCSE: Core Infrastructure certification and Microsoft 365: Enterprise Administrator Expert.
- Maintain up to date documentation on security processes across all CWS systems.
- Enforce security processes and review logs and other pertinent data to ensure systems have not been compromised.
- Work with the cyber-security team to ensure all CWS systems and data are protected and meet all regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintain up to date documentation on all standard processes across CWS systems.
- Research new and existing technologies with the goal of improving the current environments.
- Oversee roll-out of new systems and/or upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide support to local and remote networks.
- Provide up to date service pack installation and security patches for all operating systems.
- Ensure antivirus is installed, configured and up to date on all CWS systems.
- Ensure Umbrella and MFA are rolled out to all devices and accounts.
- Oversee conditional access to CWS environments.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, data back-up, and disaster recovery to local and remote locations.
- Oversee, manage and maintain the Azure AD environment following established security best-practices as outlined in the CWS Data IT Security Policy.
- Oversee, manage and maintain the Intune environment, including app and device assignment and deployment, security, conditional access and licensing.
- Oversee, manage and maintain all on-premises environments, including all servers, data storage units, firewalls, switches, routers, access points and network infrastructure.
- Maintain hardware inventory by location.
- Maintain email distribution lists, and other items as assigned.
- Coordinate support with the IT Director and with WAN communication providers for moves, adds, changes, and connectivity issues.
- Oversee processes for account creation and termination from beginning to end.
- Oversee device deployment and security processes both domain-based and via Intune.
- Oversee application deployment via Intune and KACE.
- Help test, implement and support new technology as required. An understanding of new technology is essential: ongoing certification in Microsoft technologies, Cisco technologies and other technologies as the need arises is required.
- Perform regular internal audits on CWS security systems.
- Track and maintain problems via Microsoft Teams for resolution determination and historical reference.
- Post resolution to technical problems on the IT Teams site.
- Lead training for IT Help Desk to ensure they are following all security and system processes when assisting staff.
- Provide training for IT Help Desk to ensure device deployment, application deployment and account management processes are being followed.
- Organize and file paperwork as needed.
- Organize and file electronic documents as needed.
- Serve as a secondary liaison with the IT service providers and consultants.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
•403 (b) Retirement Plan
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Paid Time Off
•Life Insurance and AD&D
•Long Term and Short Term Disability
•Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
•Health Savings Account
•Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.