Position Title: Housing Programs Associate
Reports To: Associate Director of Training
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program + (IRP+)
Department: Refugee and Welcome Services
Job Location: Remote
Grade Level: 7
FLSA & Union Status: Exempt, Non-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
CWS is a refugee resettlement agency, contracted through the State Department to administer the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program. As more that 70,000 Afghan evacuees are being resettled in the United States & 65,000 + refugees, CWS will be providing housing technical assistance to all national and local refugee resettlement agencies and Office of Refugee Resettlement service providers expanding housing availability for Afghan and other refugee arrivals., CWS will be providing housing technical assistance to all national and local refugee resettlement agencies and Office of Refugee Resettlement service providers expanding housing availability for Afghan and other refugee arrivals.
*Position is full time with benefits May-September 29,2022 with the possibility of extension contingent upon confirmed funding.
The Housing Programs Associate will support the resettlement of refugees and Afghan evacuees nationwide through innovative and affordable housing solutions by stewarding partnerships, providing technical housing support, and developing training curriculum to key stakeholders such as government branches, landlords, property managers, resettlement agencies, office of refugee resettlement service providers, and refugees. Some travel may be required.
- Create housing training curriculum for all stakeholders including but not limited to landlords and property managers and materials for newcomers on housing maintenance, establishing financial savings and credit, and a pathway to home ownership.
- Steward partnerships with key stakeholders such as, but not limited to government branches, landlords, private sectors, property managers, and resettlement agencies to create sustainable and innovative housing solutions. Both temporary and permanent housing opportunities.
- In coordination with the Housing team, lead the design, creation, and development of standardized outreach material and information on available housing resources to be disseminated nationwide.
- Coordinate with housing team in the creation of housing guidance documents and supplementary materials that provide reference and clarity on all programmatic topics and monitoring outcomes, inclusive of (but not limited to) handbooks, toolkits, and one-pagers.
- Lead national housing technical assistance trainings and workshops with housing partners.
- Collaborate with CWS data management team to manage CRM logistics, including tracking and reporting analytics. Coordinate staff and subject matter experts tasked with creating CRM content.
- Provide 1:1 customer support housing technical assistance nationally tailoring training and support to local needs as required.
- Analyze and evaluate local needs across the U.S and adapt/design training and resources accordingly.
- Ensure content housed on website is current per staff confirmation and federal regulations.
- Organize internal trainings as needed for CWS HQ staff.
- Attend and contribute to internal and external meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A firm understanding of housing development, experience in a local resettlement affiliate or a national office of a resettlement agency necessary; local resettlement affiliate experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with adult learning techniques and resettlement program training development.
- Excellent project and data management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure and with competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Experience in general office work, processing information and materials, and maintaining records
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; ability to work effectively with partners and teams.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times to represent the professional and institutional interests of CWS.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and database software is essential.
- Experience virtual learning platforms such as go to Webinar, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Web X, and CRM platforms are a must.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Fluency in a language spoken by refugee populations a plus.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Master’s degree in social work, nonprofit administration, or similar field preferred.
- Specialized training in learning and development preferred.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
This position is a role with in-person responsibilities with the option for remote work flexibility. The position is attached to an assigned duty station (Washington DC or CWS field location). Employees wishing to maintain a remote work arrangement must be able to fulfil the following conditions:
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Ability to report to designated duty station as needed
- Ability to maintain secure and appropriate personal work environment for day-to-day work
- Access to strong and reliable internet access
- Ability to adhere to CWS data security policies and protect sensitive and personally identifiable information
- Regular work hours must span core business hours 10AM-4PM Eastern time
- Close proximity to U.S. airport and ability to travel to attend CWS and external meetings, conferences and other in-person engagements.
- Must use CWS provided equipment such as laptop and cell phone
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short-Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.