Undergeneral supervision assists licensed HVAC technicians in the installation, preventive maintenance, testing and repair ofrefrigeration systems, heating systems, related piping systems and all related equipment.
PrincipalDuties and Responsibilities
1. Assiststhe licensed HVAC technician in the installation, maintenance, testing andrepair of refrigeration systems, heating systems, air conditioning equipmentrelated piping systems and all related equipment.
2. Respondsto all emergency situations as appropriate.
3. Readsand interprets blueprints (HVAC drawings) for various information such aspneumatic controls and settings and locations.
4. Preparesmaterial listing as required for work order requests and other routinelyassigned tasks.
5. Responsibilitiesmay involve participating in planning activity at department level or assistingin the development of solution to specific problems.
6. Maintainsa safe and clean environment in area (s) of Engineering Departmentresponsibility (areas as assigned).
7. Respondsto phone calls from all areas of the hospital as assigned by
8. Communicates with other employees and management onnecessary information regarding piping systems.
9. Installs pre-fabricated sheet metal duct work for HVACsystems.
10. Maintains appropriate records of testing and/or duties.
11. May be required to carry the on callpager.
12. Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
1. Mustbe able to read, write and perform simple arithmetic calculations at a levelgenerally acquired through completionof high school. Additional training intechnical or trade school needed.
2. Knowledge of installation, repair, testing and calibrationof HVAC equipment generally acquired through 1-2 years of refrigerationschooling required.
Skills andAbilities Required
1. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and specifications.
2. Must be able to operate HVAC tools and equipment safely andefficiently..
3. Must be able to interact and cooperate with staff throughoutthe hospital.
4. Mustbe able to occasionally (less than 15% of the time) exert effort to lift over
May occasionally (less than 20% of the time) getinvolved in a dirty or hazardous environment in the performance of his/her duties.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.