Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
This Unit Assistant position is Full Time Days.
Shift: 6:45am- 7:15pm, 3 shifts a week, Days of the week vary with every other weekend rotation.
Location: NGMC Gainesville CHF Unit
A non-licensed, staff member who is trained to be flexible in a variety of nursing support and transport duties. Provides clerical support by maintaining patient records, unit supplies, equipment, and serving as a facilitator for communications for the assigned area. Performs a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to, nursing units, cleaning and stocking of patient's rooms and other unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined practice. Functions under the direction of a Shift Primary Nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Performs duties in accordance with population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
We're looking for someone who:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Georgia Certified Nursing Assistant or successful completion of Fundamentals of Nursing Course if a nursing student
- Must have Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
- Previous experience in patient care setting preferred but not required
- Admits mistakes and shortcomings
- Communicates Effectively
- Takes Initiative
- Promotes Teamwork
- Adapts to Change
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) offers a comprehensive benefits program, which provides flexibility for employees' diverse and changing needs. These benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and 401K with match.
NGHS also offers tuition reimbursement for employees who are interested in advancing or continuing their education. We reimburse up to $5,500 per degree program, which is pro-rated for part-time employees.
At NGHS, health and well-being have always been cornerstones for our patients as well as our employees. That's why we offer valuable resources and programs to encourage and support a healthy lifestyle.
What does this mean for you? With NGHS' health and welfare benefits, you and your family have the opportunity to:
• Stay healthy with comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
• Enjoy tax savings with flexible spending accounts and health savings account
• Experience the security and peace of mind with Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance coverageWorking at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.