Provides representation for all operations of Hendrickson to assigned Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) of trailers for the purpose of maintaining and increasing business opportunities for Hendrickson product offerings. Ensures that an excellent ongoing working relationship is maintained between the Division and the assigned OEM's.
1. Business Development Activities with Assigned OEM Accounts:
• Regularly makes sales development contacts at assigned OEM accounts. Provides exposure for Hendrickson to each OEM department at the highest organizational level possible.
• Identifies opportunities to propose new business and renew long-term supply contracts through contacts with OEM (purchasing, engineering, product planning, qualify control, manufacturing, marketing, etc.) personnel. Sales opportunities include new or increased sales of products that may be manufactured by any of the Hendrickson International divisions.
• Assists Director of Sales in negotiations and contract finalization for all new business and maintenance of existing business.
• Coordinates, with division marketing managers, all phases of new product introduction activities.
• Negotiates, in coordination with Director of Sales, short and long-term supply contract with OEM.
• Ensures that Hendrickson Engineering is properly represented in OEM's new product planning and development activities.
• Recommends product development and marketing strategies, which will enhance business opportunities with OEM accounts.
• Oversees new product or prototype installations at OEM manufacturing facilities.
• Communicates OEM product and qualify requirements to Hendrickson division marketing managers.
2. Account Maintenance:
• Assures that OEM data book presents Hendrickson product offerings accurately and most favorably.
• Transmits information to OEM regarding part number changes, engineering revisions, pricing changes, technical service materials, production methods, promotional and merchandising support programs.
• Coordinates responses to OEM inquiries with appropriate Hendrickson departments, e.g., quality problems, delivery inquiries, billing/invoicing problems, pricing inquiries, engineering drawing requests, etc.
• Assists in the resolution of credit/collection issues.
• Supports OEM sales/dealer organization, in coordination with District Sales Managers, through available sales literature and attendance at national, regional, and local sales/dealer meetings.
• Represents Hendrickson at industry trade shows and professional association meetings as coordinated by Hendrickson International Sales & Marketing organization.
• Communicates ongoing engineering, manufacturing, quality, etc., problems to appropriate Hendrickson managers. Coordinates satisfactory resolution of problems.
• Coordinates all meetings, visits, inspections, etc., of OEM personnel with counterpart Hendrickson departments.
• Supports OEM aftermarket programs coordinating problem solving of engineering, quality, delivery, manufacturing, etc., issues.
• Provides OEM engineering with technical support for Hendrickson products including drawings, test data, updates on product offerings, etc.
• Communicates and coordinates resolution of material supply problems with OEM material control functions.
• Identifies, obtains, monitors and reports information which is important for maintaining and developing business opportunities with OEM's. Makes recommendations for action and response when appropriate. Information to be monitored includes:
• OEM organization structure and personnel
• Utilization and pricing of competitive product
• Data book pricing
• New product development and modification
• Product planning
• Aftermarket strategies, pricing, competitive products
• Provides inputs for sales forecasting process including sales forecast by OEM, production line rates, product mix, plant shutdowns, etc.
• Maintains appropriate file to retain historical data in support of information gathering responsibilities.
• Submits all reports on a regular basis as specified by supervisor.
• Maintains an awareness of the company's product offerings (design considerations, performance specifications, product applications, manufacturing processes, etc.) and of the marketplace (competitors' products, competitive advantages, pricing, market trends, pricing, etc.).
Education and Training:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5 years territory sales experience required.
• Experience selling to the heavy-duty truck/trailer industry is strongly preferred.
• Candidates must have significant industrial sales/marketing experience if they do not have experience in the truck/trailer industry.
• Must be willing to travel; approximately 3 nights on the road per week.
• Must be able to adapt to internal and external factors.
• Position requires significant travel by car and air; approximately 3 nights on the road per week.
• Office setting.
• Travel required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated presentation skills using PC software - Microsoft Office.
• Strong territory management skills.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.