Job Description Summary:
Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC) is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental, and behavioral health services, and a leader in practice-based research, health professionals training, and use of innovative technologies to advance health and healthcare. CHC is designated as a federally qualified health center and a patient-centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and NCQA, respectively. We deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state of CT, all connected by technology and common standards for quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and practice transformation and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute: the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement and ConferMed.
**Temporary (3+ months) Full Time Opportunity, Mon- Fri with one Saturday per month and compensation at $18.50 per hour**
On a daily basis, provides clinical and technical support for primary care providers. Implements all planned care items using electronic tools to ensure efficient and accurate workflow. Monitors equipment and performs clinical testing according to OSHA and CLIA standards. Liaises with patients, families, specialists, and all members of the health care team. With the primary care nurse and provider, ensures continuity and coordination of care in a patient centered medical home.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply evidence based guidelines from major regulatory and specialty groups, performs pre-visit preparation for all primary care patients scheduled to be seen
- In collaboration with the primary care nurse and provider, "e-huddles" utilizing the Planned Care Dashboard (an electronic tool that summarizing all care that is due for a patient at the time of their visit) to ensure complete and thorough primary care visits.
- Prepares patients to be seen by provider in the telehealth environment including guiding patients on the use of video telehealth technology.
- Manages virtual telehealth sessions for multiple providers using Zoom technology including set up of virtual exam rooms, admitting patients, and pre-visit preparation.
- Supports clinical teams in the collection of paperwork, request of records, scheduling of follow up visits, and other administrative support tasks for clinical teams.
- Collaborates with providers, clinical and clerical support staff to facilitate appropriate telehealth patient flow.
- Prepares patients to be seen by provider, using established criteria as appropriately determined by the nature of the visit (i.e., sick, PE, WCC, etc.).
- Accurately documents chief complaint and results from evidence based screening tests.
- Accurately performs and documents patient vital signs.
- Independently and accurately performs appropriate CLIA waived tests, EKG, hearing & vision test.
- Prioritizes work responsibilities on a daily basis, decreasing waiting time. Collaborates with providers, clinical and clerical support staff to facilitate appropriate patient flow. Effectively works as a member of the health care team assisting other team members as needed, or requested. Appropriately schedules tests and referrals for specialty care in accordance to Provider orders in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, safe working environment. Oversees maintenance of supplies and documents in medical logs as directed.
- Setup and stock exam rooms and clean rooms at end of each day worked.
- Adheres to all infection control standards, follows Universal Precautions and safety policies and procedures of the Agency. Maintains yearly CPR certification as required for all clinical employees.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills to external and internal customers at all times with a focus on quality of care and teamwork that focuses on the needs of the department and/or the business in conjunction with the full mission of the Agency.
- Complies with Agency mandated in-service training workshops (EOC, Working Safely, Abuse, etc.).
Required Skills and Education
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course from an accredited/recognized school
- Medical Assistant board certification/registration, preferred
- EKG use, appointment scheduling, word processing and computer skills, and familiarity with medical testing procedures.
- Sound organizational skills and accuracy at all levels of job.
- Prior demonstrated excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be team focused and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- CHC requires as a condition of employment current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED (CPR/FPR/AED) certification. The only acceptable alternative is current American Heart Association BLS/AED for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Expert knowledge of the electronic health record
Required Licenses/Certifications PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires manual dexterity to perform clinical tasks, moderate physical activity including standing, walking and lifting.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and/or bio-hazardous material.
- Communicates clinical/client information to providers accurately. Accurately take messages,
and communicates on the telephone.
- Communicates effectively with other medical assistants, collaborates with medical provider and nursing staff.
- Access to clients' charts and health care information.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
Full access to patients' medical records, accounts, some agency procedural manuals. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies.Location:
Community Health Center of EnfieldCity: