Are you looking to make your next career move? Do you have experience leading and providing level 1 incident management support? Do you like establishing metrics, KPIs and process to reduce incidents and provide resolutions in a timely manner? If you answered YES to these questions, this is the right opportunity for you!
As an individual contributor, you will be responsible for leading all high priority incident calls and system outages at AutoNation to resolution, with an eye on incident avoidance and overall Problem Management. You will be responsible to guide the technical teams to the restoration of normal service quickly and with minimal impact to the business. Additionally, you will be proactive to analyze incidents and technology operations to identify overarching problems, record and drive corrective actions, and work to avoid incidents. This role will coordinate incident management for both internal system issues and outside third-party applications. This person must have strong communication skills and have experience resolving major outages for large enterprises with complex systems.
As the Technology Incident Response Analyst, you will interact with all other technology teams (App Dev, Cyber Security, Infrastructure, Network, third-party vendors, etc.) and business teams as part of their role.
This position is based out of our beautiful Corporate Headquarters in sunny Fort Lauderdale, FL. AutoNation is offering relocation assistance for those interested in moving to South FL.
- Leads all Major Incident bridge calls by providing strong leadership and driving collaboration among the different technology teams and external vendors.
- Coordinates triage activities being performed on the bridge, applies logical troubleshooting guidance, documents timeline of events, and ensures fastest resolution time with least business impact.
- Provides regular executive language updates on incident scope, impact, and resolution progress to technology leadership and the business until services are restored.
- Available 24x7 to lead major incident calls when required.
- Ensure technology teams create and maintain incident response procedure documentation or “run books” for system outages. Evaluate this documentation for effectiveness and completeness to identify deficiencies and drive improvements.
- Functions independently within pre-set guidelines to approve and action production changes to resolve incidents. Ensures escalation and approval of high risk changes in accordance with these guidelines.
- Works with the various technology teams to improve monitoring and incident alert notifications.
- Leads problem management function and root cause investigations for all major incidents, publishes Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports to technology and business leadership, and tracks action items through completion with technology teams providing escalations and driving prioritization where necessary.
- Develop and publish key production control metrics including business impacts, system uptime, mean time to assemble and mean time to resolve. Provide trend analysis on incident root cause to uncover and drive resolution of recurring issues/problems.
- Ensures technology teams are trained on the incident management process, tracks performance of the process, and performs mock tests when needed.
- Support other ITSM teams and processes as necessary (Change Management, Config Management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in IT operations and service management with an emphasis on service desk, end-user experience, & major incident resolution
- 5 years’ experience in managing 3rd party IT service providers.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence technical teams and vendors.
- Ability to exercise calm judgment and decision making under pressure.
- High level understanding of multiple IT platforms (i.e., Windows, Network, DBA, AWS, Azure)
- ITIL Certification
- Project Management Certification a plus
Keywords: Level I support Lead, service desk, end user support, Windows, AWS, Azure, Network, ITIL, South Florida, Fort Lauderdale
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.