This hands-on position will supervise as well as direct all material handlers, mold set-up technicians I, II and trainees. This position is responsible for coordinating and maintaining all activities involving the material handling system process and procedures. Duties also include controlling and maintaining inventories of those resins and colorants, mold changes (scheduling staff) mold change component, regrind department, inventory, safety, cleanliness, movement of Finished Goods pallets and organization in those areas. Technician Supervisor must be able to review the daily production schedule and set priorities based on customer requirements and resources available. Must be able to coordinate activities with various positions and personnel in the injection molding department as well as with supporting department personnel to accomplish specific assigned goals and objectives. Will also be the key trainer for all material handlers, new set up technicians (including apprentice) in the material handling process and setup of injection molding machines and related equipment.
Hands-on supervision (will supervise and assist with all aspect material handling and mold changes).
- Supervisory responsibility for employees assigned to their area.
- Works effectively as a member of a team and also autonomously, often in a limited supervisory role.
- Willing to learn and adapt to new methods, procedures, principles, disciplines goals and objectives.
- Leads, trains, assist in identifying equipment and motivate personnel as required.
- Complete the duties of an Area Supervisor specified by Cambro's operating structure, including but not limited to (reporting, review, MOS procedures, disciplinary write-up, training and training and time studies).
- Mold set-up, activity in material handling, blending, maintenance, assembly, regrind, packaging and inventory control. Also, may require occasional start-up, processing, statistical process control, robotics, automation and process troubleshooting of various types of thermoplastic injection molds, machines and resins to ensure efficient production of quality products.
- Assist Management, Engineering department, Mold Maintenance, Injection scheduling and Quality Control departments to perform material testing.
- Monitors and enforces department safety and production procedures.
- Communicates with prior and oncoming shifts to give work assignments and expectations to achieve plan.
- Maintains housekeeping to meet departments expectations
- Training of all entry level material handlers and mold set-up technicians
- Assume role of senior tech supervisor in their absence.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations. Teaches policies to all shift personnel. Test, measures and documents understanding of each employee of company policies.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory of materials and regrind as needed.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform job successfully.
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with respect.
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture, display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and Service).
- Understands department's key performance indicators and contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a team.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Handle emergency response and first aid situations.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this position you may be required to:
- Occasionally sit, walk, stand, bend at the neck and/or waist, squat, climb, kneel, twist at the neck and/or waist, use hands repetitively for simple and power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, carrying/lifting up to 75 lbs..
- Drive cars, reach trucks, order pickers, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals
- Working at heights
- Use of Special visual or auditory protective equipment
- Risk of exposure to bio-hazards while working such as: bloodborne pathogens, sewage, hospital waste, etc.
- Safety glasses
- Utility gloves/cutting gloves
- Steel-toe slip resistant shoes
- Hearing protection (e.g. ear plugs, earmuffs)
- Face shields
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Ten years of injection molding experience specifically in the area set-up, material handling, and start-up and processing of thermoplastic injection resins.
- Excellent knowledge of the injection molding process, materials, molds, and machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of people to accomplish a predetermined goal.
- Knowledge to perform all aspects of the Material Handler, and all Set-up Technician levels.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Some basic computer skills are required for documentation and record keeping of test/run data.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Previous mechanical/electrical/hydraulics training or experience helpful.
- Scientific Injection Molding, Paulson Practical Injection Molding (Advance)
- Certification for forklift desirable but not necessary
CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.