Provides help desk technical support in a collaborative work environment utilizing phone, chat, text, video and email communication methods. Ensures high-level customer satisfaction by analyzing problems pertaining to technologies sold or supported by Ricoh. Utilizes team collaboration, diagnostic tools, service aids, product schematics, and all other available product information in the assessment and resolution of equipment failures or issues. On occasion, may also provide pre-sales technical expertise as needed. Is considered a subject matter expert in three or four product technologies.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to incoming support incidents (i.e. i.e. telephone, chat, email, text and video) in a timely, professional manner.
- Evaluates incoming issues and gives assistance utilizing the appropriate support information and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and identify malfunctioning equipment components or applications, identifying problem areas and recommending corrective action.
- May replicate equipment failure situations in a test laboratory, to aid in the diagnosis and ultimately resolve the issue appropriate resolution procedures
- Discovers the root cause of customer issues and identifies the action required to resolve, whenever possible, using company knowledge bases, customer information and departmental collaboration.
- Makes entries for incoming issues and all activities that pertain to any existing issues within the incident tracking system. Entries are accurate, detailed, and include all required fields
- Completes all required administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Engages in real time troubleshooting while the customer is on the phone or on line
- Utilizes correct escalation procedures on all irresolvable issues outside the range of his/her expertise
- Reviews all technical information pertaining to supported products, including new and updated information as it becomes available
- Utilizes available lab equipment and other resources to effectively troubleshoot issues. Returns resources to proper working condition when through
- Maintains/renews industry certifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Typically requires:
- High school diploma or equivalence and: BS Degree, technical school graduate, electronics training, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of technical experience doing hands on electronics repair
- One of the following Industry certifications : A+, Network+, MCTS, Security +, MCSA, CCNA, Linux + AND one of the following: Fiery Professional, Fiery System 10 or Advanced Printing Technologies
At Ricoh, we embrace and respect the collective and unique talents, experiences, and perspectives of all people. Together, we inspire remarkable innovation. That is how we live the Ricoh Way. And with our commitment to ethics, you can be sure that we are doing it with transparency, integrity, and corporate social responsibility
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.