The Silicon Sourcing Team moves fast and leverages key partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards and cost-savings via a customized supply chain. The Technical Sourcing Manager Silicon SOC is the primary technical contact for supplier engagement and management with the merchant silicon SOC suppliers and, in conjunction with the Commercial Sourcing Manager, will drive the strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis. Working closely with the Hardware Engineering team, the Technical Sourcing Manager will help develop, communicate and implement sourcing strategies, and participate in supplier engagements with an overall focus of influencing and driving technology roadmaps, maintaining long term supplier technical relationships, and developing solutions that deliver the optimal total cost of ownership. This position reports to the Director of Silicon Sourcing.
Technical Sourcing Manager, Silicon Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology and industry trends for the assigned technologies commodities and perform competitive analysis on relevant products.
- Develop, manage and refresh individual and customized technology and commodity sourcing strategies and roadmaps for silicon SOC and strong understanding of the actively managed adjacent technologies such as GPUs/AI Training accelerators.
- Develop and maintain deep technical relationships with executive management at core silicon suppliers. Influence supplier technology roadmaps to ensure Meta's system architecture and technical requirements are met.
- In conjunction with Hardware Engineering, Technology Strategy, and Technical Program Management, lead the creation and definition of future technology directions in the assigned commodity.
- Provide technical commodity and supplier expertise and consulting to design engineering for technology migration and lower TCO.
- Provide technical review and analysis for, and responses to, supplier proposals and RFQs. Resolve all technical queries arising from the quote process.
- Drive pre-POR evaluation of key technologies usability/suitability within the Meta infrastructure. Work with key internal partners on SW and tools that enable a timely evaluation.
- Own technical expertise in supplier negotiations and provide review and input for product development and master supply agreements.
- Work with hardware engineers to ensure part specifications and requirements are within broad commodity and supplier capabilities avoiding special or unique SKUs.
- Develop supplier technical process improvement plans to drive positive gain cost, quality, reduced qualification and time to deployment.
- Support product transfer from NPI to mass-production.
- Partner with hardware engineering teams to identify critical disruptive and new technologies with potential to deliver step function improvements in Performance and TCO. Develop evaluation criteria, and milestones to vet, incubate, and graduate technologies in a methodical and organized manner and lead supplier development and influence.
- Evaluate architectural tradeoffs with hardware engineering including but not limited to cross commodity horizontals, integration of multiple technologies, and exploration and evaluation of new business models with supply base.
- BSEE or degree in a related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience commodity management in high tech environment.
- 10+ years of technical experience in the silicon SOC for servers and understanding of AI Training/Inference Technology space with some level of supply chain/operations engagement with the key technology drivers and suppliers in the industry, including demonstrated success in developing and managing overall supplier performance.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant supplier technology roadmaps, key hyperscale workloads, performance drivers and a proven pragmatic approach to influencing supplier product roadmaps.
- Proven experience to move seamlessly from strategy to execution and deliver tangible results.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with internal and external partners in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, entrepreneurial and cross-functional environment, requiring a wide latitude for independent judgment while coordinating people and technical resources.
- Knowledge of semiconductor value chain and related technologies such as foundry process, packaging, IP and direct and sub tier supply base.
- In-depth understanding of "should cost" for silicon and packaging supply chain and design for value trade-offs.
- Direct experience partnering with C-suite executives and senior leaders in top silicon and semiconductor companies.
- Leadership and management experience
- Experience in driving and engaging in industry ecosystem and standards
- MSEE or MBA
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.