Identifies opportunities for business expansion in support of the customer sales strategy for the company's supplier offerings. Develops and maintains the business relationship by providing solutions for the company and its defined supplier(s) in a product line, to achieve the identified strategy and business financial objectives.
Job Level Specifications:
- Provides value added solutions for the company and its defined supplier(s) growth plans and business.
- Interface with the company's supplier business units leads to identify technology and product opportunities where the company and supplier can collaborate on solutions development offerings.
- Develop market requirements, design specification, marketing plan, and project plans for engineering development efforts of given solution.
- Manage project budget, schedule, and development to ensure successful execution of project plan.
- Provide design and engineering expertise to various development efforts within the group.
- Develop, writes, and manage technical content creation for marketing, web, FAE, sales and customer training.
- Interface with various global resources including marketing, web, FAEs, sales, supplier managers, technical management, and sales management, to support deployment of program globally.
- Provide strategic recommendations to Avnet management on technology, applications, and solutions that will differentiate Avnet and grow Avnet revenue and profitability.
- Identifies and creates opportunity demand for identified products, coordinating the supporting seminars, training and resource awareness that drives growth plan success for the company and it's defined supplier(s).
- Performs analysis and reports results of various suppliers program impact on customer(s) notifying the District Supplier Manager (DSM) and supplier of success, issues and future growth plan strategies.
- Maintains and drives trending knowledge of products, competitors, technology and customers in the assigned supplier product market.
- Identifies and maintains field supplier relationships to create demand for products and services.
- Applies technical/marketing/product expertise to position company as the distributor of choice to suppliers.
- Drives assigned product family thrust with the company's and supplier's local sales teams and customer by attending supplier meetings establishing sales and marketing programs in coordination with Director Supplier Manager (DSM) and Supplier Business Manager (SBM) as applicable to increase assigned product knowledge for customers and company sales representatives.
- Identifies and communicates roadblocks to Product Business Groups (PBGs) and make recommendations for improvement; supports PBGs objectives; evaluates market conditions and identify inventory strategies; participate in Total Available Market (TAM) to Distribution Total Available Market (DTAM) conversion plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mastery knowledge of industry best practices and disciplines. Considered a subject matter expert within the organization and contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to highly complex and uniquely challenging situations. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and variables. Expected to make improvements to policies and procedures.
- Works independently toward long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion. May act as informal team lead and/or coach less experienced team members.
- Serves as consultant to management and/or internal/external spokesperson for the organization on major initiatives related to policies, plans and long-range objectives.
- Actions may impact the organization and its reputation. Effects of erroneous decisions may be long-lasting, influence the future course of the organization and/or require the expenditure of extensive additional resources.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically 8+ years with bachelor's or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Knowledge of AMD Xilinx SoC and FPGA architectures and design methodologies
- Expert in HDL design languages supporting the development of AMD Xilinx FPGAs and SoCs.
- Expert in embedded board design and development, with solid understanding of highspeed (>Gbps) serial interfaces and PCB signal integrity
- Proficient with latest AMD Xilinx development tools including Vivado and VITIS
- Experience in the development of AMD Xilinx based chip and board level designs, including schematic design, layout, simulation, debug, validation, and transition to production.
- Ability to work as part of a larger development team to deliver board designs and customer facing application examples (reference designs)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.