In today's rapidly evolving technology landscape, an organization's data has never been a more important aspect in achieving mission and business goals. Our data exploitation experts work with our clients to support their mission and business goals by creating and executing a comprehensive data strategy using the best technology and techniques, given the challenge.
At Steampunk, our goal is to build and execute a data strategy for our clients to coordinate data collection and generation, to align the organization and its data assets in support of the mission, and ultimately to realize mission goals with the strongest effectiveness possible.
For our clients, data is a strategic asset. They are looking to become a facts-based, data-driven, customer-focused organization. To help realize this goal, they are leveraging visual analytics platforms to analyze, visualize, and share information. At Steampunk you will design and develop solutions to high-impact, complex data problems, working with the best and data practitioners around. Our data exploitation approach is tightly integrated with Human-Centered Design and DevSecOps.
We are looking for seasoned Technical Lead to work with our team and our clients to develop enterprise grade data platforms, services, pipelines, data models, visualizations, and more! The Tech Lead needs to be a technologist with excellent communication and customer service skills and a passion for data and problem solving. This role involves technical and thought leadership across the spectrum of data capabilities, from data vision and strategy all the way through data science.
- Designing and leading the implementation of greenfield data solution stacks in the cloud or on premises, using the latest data services, products, technology, and industry best practices
- Architecting and leading the migration of legacy data environments with performance and reliability
- Data Architecture contributions include assessing, understanding, and implementing data sources, data models and schemas, and data workflows
- Data Engineering contributions include assessing, understanding, designing, and implementing ETL jobs, data pipelines, and workflows
- BI and Data Visualization contributions include assessing, understanding, designing, and implementing reports, selecting BI tools, creating dynamic dashboards, and setting up data pipelines in support of dashboards and reports
- Data Science contributions include assessing, understanding, designing, and implementing machine learning and AI applications, designing MLOps pipelines, and supporting data scientists
- Addressing technical inquiries concerning customization, integration, enterprise architecture and general feature / functionality of data products
- Experience in crafting and implementing data lakehouse solutions in the cloud (Preferably AWS. Alternatively, Azure, GCP). This includes relational databases, data warehouses, data lakes, and distributed data systems.
- Key must have skill sets - broad understanding of data exploitation lifecycle and capabilities, technical leadership in the data field
- Support an Agile software development lifecycle
- You will contribute to the growth of our Data Exploitation Practice!
- US Citizen Only
- Ability to hold a position of public trust with the US government.
- 5+ years industry experience leading the design and implementation of data systems
- 5+ years direct experience in Data Solutions with experience in tools such as:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, etc.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, NiFi, etc.
- AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Glue, SageMaker (or Azure and GCP equivalents)
- Data streaming systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Data science tools/languages: R, R Studio, Python (data preparation and analysis libraries), Databricks, etc.
- Search tools: Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch
- Object-oriented/scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring and optimization (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience with DBOps and MLOps frameworks and exposure/understanding of DevOps
- Experience with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Experience manipulating structured and unstructured data for analysis
- Experience constructing complex queries to analyze results using databases or in a data processing development environment
- Experience with data modeling tools and process
- Experience architecting data systems (transactional and warehouses)
- Experience aggregating results and/or compiling information for reporting from multiple datasets
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience supporting project teams of developers and data scientists who build web-based interfaces, dashboards, reports, and analytics/machine learning models
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
This job has expired.