With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2022 Handshake Early Careers Winner
- Top 101 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
- 2022 Top Workplaces USA
- 2021 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
Marks Paneth is excited to announce that we are now part of CBIZ & MHM (Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.). Together, CBIZ & MHM are one of the nation's leading accounting providers, and Marks Paneth is honored to be joining them. We are pleased to be able to offer the same people and the same service you've known for years under a new name: CBIZ Marks Paneth & MHM. Please [ Link Removed ]
We will continue to serve a wide range of industries including real estate, nonprofit and government, wholesale and retail distribution, manufacturing, media and entertainment and professional service firms, for middle market, privately-held and family-owned businesses, and high-net-worth individuals.
The Tax Associate works as a member of the Client Services group of CBIZ in providing outstanding service to our valued clients. This position performs many of the duties of an entry level accountant including working directly with corporate clients, under the supervision of upper level management. Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple tax assignments in Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, Manufacturing and many more industries
- Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
- Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
- Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns on tax methodology
- Master's degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- Internship experience in accounting or related field preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA eligible; desire to obtain certification is required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and tax project management skills, including basic knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free)or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]
This job has expired.