SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
This position will report to the Vice President of People & Organization and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Talent Acquisition Team for VCA's Support and Field Offices. He or she will serve as a subject matter expert on recruiting strategies, processes, industry trends and will be responsible for building and managing programs and projects focused on proactively identifying, targeting and engaging talent. This position requires strong leadership and the ability to collaborate within and across other entities throughout the Mars, Inc. organization.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and Lead VCA's Talent Acquisition Team in Support of Field Leadership and Support Office.
- Manage the day to day performance of the Talent Acquisition Team and Deliver against established recruiting goals and metrics.
- Evaluate internal Support Office and Field recruiting processes, training, and compliance to further expand upon our existing recruiting practice-ensuring consistency and best practices are followed throughout the recruiting lifecycle.
- Engage and collaborate with the hiring managers & department leaders to understand hiring requirements, set realistic expectations and educate on the recruiting process.
- Partner with key stakeholders to review sourcing practices, TA strategies, and establish KPIs, that collaboratively optimize approache
- Ability to learn and teach technical Workday Recruiting system requirements with the goal of becoming a recognized Subject Matter Expert within the team.
- Align with other members throughout the People & Organization team and other departments, to work on ad-hoc projects and help with company initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience / Master's Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years full cycle recruiting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years prior supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the healthcare industry.
*All degrees will be deemed "or equivalent combination of education and experience" unless absolutely required to do the job (i.e., DVM degree for Veterinarian, Law degree for Attorney, etc.).COMPUTER PROFICIENCY
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Suite
- ATS (Applicant Tracking) Systems
- Physician sourcing/recruiting experience in the Veterinarian or Human Healthcare Industry.
- Experience with Workday Recruiter ATS.
- Expert level experience with LinkedIn Recruiter, Database Mining, Boolean Search Strings, Cold-Calling and Targeted Passive Candidate Sourcing.
- Demonstrated capability with various sourcing tools and technologies.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff, other departments and senior management.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of the department and to various changes in priorities.
- Experience with recruitment on a national level.
- Flexibility to travel as needed (15%)
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building Effective Teams
- Process Management
- Engages Associates
- Innovation Management
- Planning and Prioritizing
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary office equipment.
- Ability to travel as needed (by plane or car).
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.
VCA is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant or associate will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
This job has expired.