Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
TA & HR Intern Overview
This internship is structured to provide college students with real-world work experience in a professional environment to assist them in preparing for their future careers. This position is primarily virtual, however will require training and occasional reporting to the Human Resources Recruitment office located on the main Eskenazi Health Campus in downtown Indianapolis. This internship is unpaid, however, college credit may be received upon completion of the internship and hours are flexible depending on class schedules.
Why Become an Intern?
Internships are an opportunity to apply knowledge learned in the classroom to hands-on experience and strengthen professional work ethics. Gain knowledge of the employer, industry and career field while gaining valuable work experiences and references to enhance your resume.
As an Intern at Eskenazi Health you will:
- Have direct exposure to our Senior Leaders
- Have the opportunity to shadow and observe specialists on the HR team
- Have the support of a dedicated mentor and will be provided a letter of reference upon completion
Eskenazi Health is currently seeking a Talent Acquisition & Human Resources Intern for Fall 2021. Throughout this internship, you will work directly with our Talent Acquisition team to support a variety of projects and initiatives, while playing a key role in our day to day operations throughout the various functions of Human Resources. You will mainly support our Talent Acquisition Team, however will also have exposure to Compensation/HRIS, Benefits, Employee Relations, and Eskenazi Health Institute Team. We will look to you to contribute new ideas and insight as a valued member of the team. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Talent Acquisition team with full cycle recruiting efforts via screening resumes, sourcing candidates, initial phone screens, scheduling interviews, and extending offers
- Upon selection of projects, the intern will be expected to follow a designated timeline for completion while performing research, analysis, writing and rewrites as indicated by the Talent Acquisition Manager, or other designated mentor
- Shadow the Compensation/HRIS team and review Human Resource compensation tools and employee file management using SuccessFactors to manage, audit and manipulate data
- Track progress, deadlines, and priorities of all projects and reports; i.e. monthly time to fill report
- Shadow the Human Resource benefits team and review managing benefit inquiries by employees and other assigned projects as needed
- Shadow the Employee Relations team with potential to assist in auditing employee file information such as performance improvement plans and corrective actions are properly documented in SAP
- Shadow the Eskenazi Health Institute Team and assist with preparations for onboarding and training sessions
- Perform other duties as required and assigned across all various Human Resource functions
Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate with an accredited post-secondary institution and have completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate education. The ideal candidate for this internship will be a student majoring in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Development/Leadership, or related field.
About Eskenazi Health
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Effective research and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline drive environment
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship-building
- Detail oriented
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review, Eskenazi Health's programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana and the first community mental health center in Indiana, just to name a few.For nearly 160 years, Eskenazi Health has offered high-quality, cost-effective and patient-focused health care to the residents of Marion County and Central Indiana. As one of America's largest essential health care systems, Eskenazi Health provides treatment and services to nearly 1 million outpatient visitors each year. Eskenazi Health prides itself on creating the best possible experience for employees while on the job, providing the organizational care that makes everyone's jobs easier. The hospital and its more than 30 primary and mental health care sites located throughout Indianapolis are always looking for quality professionals to fill positions and join the Eskenazi Health team. We are committed to our mission and values in order to help our patients.
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women, and Forbes list of America's best midsize employers' Eskenazi Health's programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women's Health, just to name a few.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.