Primary Job Purpose
The Systems Analyst III participates in a team environment for the development, maintenance and delivery of application systems as an integral part of a multi-functional team. This position is generally responsible for system, business and data analysis. This position provides business, analytical, design, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work. This position additionally ensures correct business functionality and engineering/technology standards are addressed within the computer applications.
General Functions and Outcomes
- Read and create simple structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Read and understand simple design and business models.
- Writes basic SQL queries, reads simple data models.
- Familiarity with metadata and relative importance.
- Understands and participates in the creation of deliverables.
- Manage tasks on smaller work efforts in support of the software development methodology.
- Actively acquire in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Provides estimates for small tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Reads moderately complex and creates structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Reads and understands moderately complex and creates simple design and business models.
- Provides support for projects during installation and post implementation.
- Reads most data models and has the ability to participate in logical data model creation.
- Writes moderately complex SQL queries.
- Provides estimates for moderate size tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Manages tasks on moderate size enterprise-wide work efforts in support of the Project Results Office methodology.
- Delivers effective presentations. Encourages and skillfully manages questions. Produces effective presentation materials.
- Actively acquires in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Reads and creates complex structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Reads and understands complex and create moderately complex design models such as UML.
- Reads complex and creates moderately complex business models.
- Writes well designed complex SQL queries and trains the more junior analysts.
- Defines complex metadata as well as update metadata repositories.
- Reads complex data models and have the ability to create basic logical data models.
- Provide estimates for complex size work efforts increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Trains and coaches less experienced and peer analysts.
- May participate in the research, evaluation and selection of vendor products, methodologies and processes.
- Lead medium size groups of multi-department with a structured approach (i.e. JRP or grooming sessions).
- Manages own tasks on moderate size enterprise-wide work efforts in support of the Project Results Office methodology.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Ability to work with teammates and with business partners to participate in sessions to gather, translate and document and system requirements to support transforming requirements into effective technology solutions.
- Ability to create simple story cards and understand simple acceptance criteria enough to verify results; develop simple technical documentation and understand technical documentation and concepts
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate one to one and small groups (3-5) of customers or other analysts for small work efforts.
- Ability to develop positive relationships among business partners, teammates and management
- Ability to follow direction, collaborate effectively with peers to provide results, and relay status to management and peers in a timely manner.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and listening skills, rigorous logic and other methods to contribute to the solution of problems, looks beyond the obvious, asks probing questions, can see hidden problems, steps up to conflicts.
- Ability to have clear and direct written and verbal communications with others.
- Must have exposure and knowledge of common software development methodologies.
- Able to contribute to a QA strategy.
- Understands moderately complex acceptance criteria enough to verify results; develops technical documentation and can understand moderately complex technical documentation.
- Ability to facilitate and lead small teams (1-3) for moderate work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring other to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues.
- Able to participate in requirements sessions/interviews and document clear requirements for moderate work efforts.
- Mastering knowledge and skills of common software development methodologies.
- Ability to lead small teams (3-5) for complex work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring other to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports. Ability to present and effectively communicate with leadership.
- Ability to participate in the definition of a QA plan.
- Ability to use and coach more junior team members and business partners on development methodologies.
The Systems Analyst III would have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field and minimum of 6 years business or system experience developing requirements for projects where computer software is created or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience including experience with methodologies and structured analytical approach.Work Environment
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work outside normal hours including being on call 7 days per week, 24 hours per day.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check are required.
This job has expired.