Job ID: 217215
Location: CRANE , IN , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-13
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator Senior to support our Maritime EW program in Crane, IN.
The Systems Administrator executes high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- This position is the principal for support server system on a specific DoD contract.
- Assist in planning, configuration, and testing of unclassified and classified server systems.
- Lead efforts in planning, monitoring, testing, maintaining, and operating multiple operating system environments, Windows and Linux.
- Support and interact with the SAIC/Government cybersecurity system engineers, system administrators, system engineers, and system developers.
- Ensure the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems.
- Perform security assessments using DoD provided tools; reporting results to the cybersecurity system engineer; and developing strategies to mitigate discrepancies.
- Perform day to day management and maintenance of network infrastructure including log and system monitoring, end user issue resolution, backup verification, Internet and LAN connectivity issues, access control management, email connectivity issues, virus and malware mitigation, etc.
- Provide Linux and Windows system administration services to support government systems.
- Provide system administration support and administer, configure, and troubleshoot RedHat Linux servers and workstations and virtual desktops.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; OR Masters and three (3) years or more experience.
Preferred-Ten (10) years of hands-on technical experience supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet and intranet systems. Experience including:
- Must of BSCS preferred Masters
- System backup and recovery
- Software management
- Security management
- Library management
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Configure databases
- Operating systems and COTS software
- Operating computer systems in different operating environments, sizing, performance tuning
- Hardware/software/network troubleshooting and resource allocation.
- Advanced experience with Windows and Red Hat Linux.
- Network Protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, and ICMP.
- Major network security tools such as firewalls, knowledge of computing and networking vulnerabilities, attack methods and latest detection methods.
- Preferred experience setting up Linux build environments
- Preferred experience with AWS
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.