Survey Crew Chief
Career Area: Geomatics / Land Surveying
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking to fill the position of Survey Crew Chief to join our Geomatics group in Nashville, TN.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Taking direction from survey manager and implementing a work plan.
- Demonstrating superior organization skills.
- Familiarity with Trimble surveying equipment including robotic total station and GPS system, automatic level, and electronic data collector.
- Familiarity and ability to perform boundary and right-of- way surveys \
- Familiarity with heavy construction and the use of existing design plans and construction drawings for layout work.
- Demonstrating strong math skills involving geometry, trigonometry and other mathematical functions as required.
- Providing data acquisition and management for topographical and as-built surveys
- Creating accurate sketches and maintaining comprehensive field notes.
- Providing thorough and accurate data that meets required technical standards.
- Responsible for direction, production, safety and actions of field crew.
- Provides quality assurance by reviewing field data, reports, and maps.
- Performs other duties as required
Why join us?
- HS Diploma or GED required, Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in boundary, topographic and construction surveying
- Possesses a strong knowledge in boundary, topographic, and construction surveys
- Basic knowledge of boundary and legal principals
- 3D laser scanning abilities is a plus
- SUE experience is a plus
- Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
- Physical job that requires heavy lifting, climbing, and walking long distances sometimes over rough terrain
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record
- This position requires frequent travel out of town, per diem applies.
- Must have the ability to work varying schedules
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.