A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Packaging Supervisor at MilliporeSigma will supervise the packaging of both finished goods and custom packaged hazardous chemical products in compliance with all company operating procedures and governmental regulations (ISO, GMP, OSHA, DEA, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, etc). They will also coordinate with Sales & Marketing, Packaging Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance and Compliance to resolve both product and customer concerns. The Supervisor will lead process improvement activities resulting in employee engagement, safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements.
- Schedule weekly staffing to accomplish required workload with strong safety, quality and productivity.
- Coach employees to develop employee skill and performance.
- Work with small employee teams to continually improve our department.
- Lead departmental investigations for safety or quality concerns.
- Conduct interviews, hire and train new employees.
- Maintain active membership of the emergency hazardous materials response team, medical response team or evacuation team.
- Represent department during internal and external audits.
Who You Are:
- Work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Utilize close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and tyvek suits, protective gloves, and safety glasses and goggles while performing in this position.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of packaging experience OR Associates Degree and 3+ years of packaging experience with 1+ year of experience in a lead role, OR High School Diploma/GED and 3+ years of experience packaging with 2+ years of experience in a Lead or Supervisor role.
- Related packaging, industrial, or scientific/laboratory experience or training.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, CMMS
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 214454
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: B - Recent University Graduate(< 1 year of experien
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.