Our General Motors Sustainable Workplaces organization as a whole, has a Mission to "Bring Our Unique Capacity To Transform The Environment In Which We Live And Work". As a Supply Chain ESG Analyst , you'll be a member of our Environmental Strategies and Sustainability Team. You will be tasked with developing programs and cultivating relationships to establish GM as a thought leader in the areas of ESG, in particularly: sustainability, social responsibility, and Carbon Neutrality for logistics, packaging, and supply chain. The Sustainability Lead is responsible for managing the sustainability initiatives and greenhouse gas inventory of GM Logistics. They report directly into the Corporate Sustainability group and indirectly to the Logistics team and the Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Sustainability team.
The Ideal Candidate:
This role is for a dreamer, a visionary, someone that is excited by unprecedented solutions; but also, is an executor and can develop sound business plans and metrics, and strives to implementation and is results-focused. A self-starter who can leverage existing networks and frameworks and turn them into innovative initiatives with real impact. Success looks like turning lofty ambitions into reality; turning novel concepts into actual projects; and all while elevating the entire GM network of partners and suppliers.
You will own: brainstorm, initiative, rollout, develop metrics/KPIs, measure success, pivot, and continuously improve programs aimed at supporting GM suppliers, dealers, and partners to achieve industry leading ESG standards. You will work to connect GM's Zero/Zero/Zero mission to our partners and customers: focusing on our scope 3 emissions and impact.
A key component of this role is to develop relationships with GM suppliers, dealerships, and industry partners and associations, as well ensure alignment and cohesion internally working closely with various business units such as Global Purchasing and Supply Chain, Communications, Legal, Engineering and Design. While environmental sustainability is the main focus of the role, social responsibility, equity, and the human element must also be incorporated into the overall plan to ensure a holistic approach.
The ESG Partnership Analyst role exemplifies key GM behaviors such as One Team, Be Inclusive, Look Ahead, Think Customer, Innovate Now, It's on Me, Win with Integrity and Be Bold.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Lived-in experience and a passion to transform today's world to the better
- A storyteller
- Capacity to architect pioneering never-before-seen solutions
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Social aptitude and can build strong relationships
- Creativity paired with execution
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in sustainability, ESG, and supply chain/automotive sector and sales
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI
- Experience in logistics and/or supply chain
- Experience in supplier management and development
- Experience in scope 1,2, &3 emissions, carbon neutrality plans, and SBTi
- Experience with GHG accounting and reporting frameworks (GHG Protocol, GLEC, GRI, etc.)
- Knowledge of sustainability metrics and rating systems (SmartWay, CDP, EcoVadis, etc.)
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally
- Experience initiating and leading projects
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze KPIs/metrics & identify areas of opportunity to reduce emissions and/or increase efficiency
- In collaboration with our facilities teams (manufacturing, offices, dealers, etc.), develop & lead initiatives to reduce emissions from project conception to execution
- Strong ability to work with cross-functional teams that may include manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, supply chain, etc.
- Experience with graphic design, CDP, EcoVadis
- Additional language proficiencies
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.