Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 x per year
The Supplier Manager is responsible for working collaboratively with suppliers and cross-functional team members to improve on-time shipping performance, ensure that established recovery plans are met and to ensure availability of Service parts to our CCA customers. This includes removing all internal and external roadblocks and working proactively to help suppliers develop corrective actions and meet established recovery plans as well as CCA shipping performance requirements.
The overall goal is to improve part availability for CCA customers in Propulsion, Maintenance & Repair and/or Collision commodities. Additionally, this role may manage part changes within SCM systems and ensure supplier schedules are aligned with Engineering's intent and supplier capabilities. This role may also work with O/E constrained parts/suppliers including working with the OE Command Center to establish processes to help mitigate supply issues and ensure CCA fair share allocations.
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Work in a team environment that motivates and allows professional growth
- Work collaboratively across multiple functional areas to resolve various issues; both internal and external to GM/CCA
- Work with new suppliers and guide them on how to navigate and do business with CCA
- Facilitate conference calls and face-to-face meetings with suppliers to gain more information and better understand the issues and drive continuous improvements
- Work with supplier performance deck owners and support them in their daily tasks
- Take ownership of all assigned suppliers and their shipping performance
- Provide weekly updates to supply chain leadership as to the performance of their assigned suppliers and individual part issues
- Meet established KPI's expectations and support all 'We Are General Motors' initiatives
- Responsible for Part Change Management within SCM and ability to analyze, resolve, and process complex conditions
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- High level of functional expertise within Supply Chain preferred
- Knowledge of CCA Warehousing and Distribution preferred
- Knowledge of Global Vehicle Development Process and basic understanding of Global Manufacturing Systems Principles
- Capability Constrained Investigations
- GMS 5-why root cause investigations
- Value stream manufacturing process flow to improve CCA availability
- Ability to work independently and interact cross functionally
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to coordinate and deliver results
- Strong business acumen
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Ability to communicate with people in various levels within and outside of GM
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.