Sign-on bonus available!
$5,000.00 to $10,000.00 sign-on bonus available to qualified external applicant hired.
Responsible for safe and reliable operation of the Distribution Electric System and all associated distribution and substation assets. Coordinates and directs the activity of field employees and ECC
operators in the operation and maintenance of the Company's distribution electric power system and gas system as applicable. Has the responsibility and authority to implement real-time actions to ensure
the stable and reliable operation of the Distribution Electric System. Monitors and responds to distribution electric power system reliability events and operating parameter violations. Directs the switching of Company and interconnected electric distribution power system facilities to maintain safety and operate within respective reliability criteria.
1. Monitors and evaluates electric power system alarms and events, prepares and initiates corrective action response utilizing Distribution Network Analysis (DNA) along with the Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS). Anticipates and responds to actual or predicted thermal and voltage violations on the distribution electric power system. Provides direction and assistance to operations staff during electric and/or gas system emergencies. Prepare reports on system disturbances and events as required.
2. Responsible for complying with the applicable reliability standards and the applicable ISO, Regulatory authorities, and internal policy and procedure.
3. Evaluates reliability impact of planned maintenance outages. Reviews and directs the switching of Company electric distribution facilities for scheduled inspection, maintenance, and testing to follow all applicable safety rules & procedures and coordinates efforts with Transmission Operations when applicable.
4. Evaluates and directs the response to spontaneous distribution, generation, or substation equipment outages. Initiates action to manage and limit risk of uncontrolled failure of components or cascading outages of the interconnection. Plans emergency isolation and restoration activity to minimize duration and number of customers interrupted to achieve CAIDI/SAIFI reliability targets 5. During normal and emergency conditions, has the authority to direct timely and appropriate real-time actions. Has authority to shed firm load to prevent or alleviate Operating Limit violations. These actions are performed without obtaining approval from higher-level personnel within the organization.
6. Provides operations and communications interface with NY or NE ISO and Distribution Energy Resources located in the Company's area.
7. As applicable, directs after-hours customer service trouble dispatch activity including the dispatch of field operations crews in response to electric and gas distribution trouble and emergencies. 8. Schedule shifts and provide technical guidance and expertise to employees engaged in the operation of the electric and/or gas system. Develop and implement general operating practices, procedures, and methods that promote the safe and reliable operation of the electric power system. Direct, plan, document, review and/or appraise the work of direct reports, provide coaching, counseling, and disciplinary action if required
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Technology or related field of study or an A.A.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 years related experience or 10+ years as a System Operator
• In-depth knowledge of interconnected electric power system operations, generation characteristics, electrical equipment operations, system protection desirable
• Experience and knowledge of energy control systems and electric power system network analysis applications desirable.
• Familiarity with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), OMS (Outage Management System) and GIS (Geographic Information System)
• Familiarity with Switching and Tagging procedures and OSHA Electric Safety Standards
• Knowledge of customer service procedures desirable.
• Supervisory experience and knowledge of labor relations practices desirable where applicable.
• Results and proactive orientation.
• Strong analytical, leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills.
• Able to make operational decisions under pressure.
•Able to take on special projects.
•Demonstrated administrative and decision-making abilities.• Able to operate computer and communication equipment and Analytic applications.
•Required to work a 24X7 shift rotation shifts that includes nights holidays, and weekends.
• Ability to work effectively with all areas of the company.
Binghamton, New York
Posted about 13 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago