- Providing sourcing leadership to NPD (New Product Development) in terms of supplier and component selection to ensure an optimized time to market, meet project dates, reduced supply risks upfront, and meet target costing.
- Search for Innovation being a liaison between Mueller and the supply market bringing solutions that will increase capabilities for new product development.
- Lead Supplier Innovation Workshops focused on R&D and NPD. Assess suppliers' R&D capabilities and availability.
- Understand engineering options and bridge knowledge to foster product development.
- Understand Mueller manufacturing capabilities to lead make or buy decisions and executions.
- Support Business Case creation mainly regarding supply risk and price. Run economic sensitivity analysis of critical supplies.
- Report (as required) status and support project team meetings, value stream meetings, steering committee meetings and stakeholders.
- Identify needs or gaps and pull in supporting functional subject matter experts.
- Facilitate supplier design review process.
- NPD Pipeline Support: Providing supply market insights, linking sourcing strategies and supplier capabilities to business needs to ensure that NPD receives the best possible support by external suppliers for Mueller NPD.
- Support selected Mueller sites for ongoing and upcoming launches with regards to supplier and component selection leveraging the global strategic sourcing organization.
- Lead the supplier development process when appropriate managing risk, developing supplier capabilities & quality and leading corrective actions.
- Support supplier performance measurement to include the supplier PPAP requirements for NPD.
- Implement Supplier Management (e.g.: supplier agreement), as it relates to upstream / product design, closely synchronized with the value streams and corporate sourcing strategies.
- Apply Lean principles and practices - and when needed, lead Kaizen, training, and/or formal problem solving.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team focused atmosphere.
· Strong organization and analytical skills.
· Effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Ability to manage/lead through influence.
· Ability to develop/create/manage RFP/RFQ process.
· Ability to advance plan, organize, and prioritize workload in order to meet project deadlines.
· Demonstrated advanced analytical skills, including fluency with MS Excel skills.
· Complete tasks within the requested timeline, with limited oversight
· Ability to blend multiple sources of data to formulate opinions and recommendations for NPD teams.
· Global and diversity mindset. Ability to adapt to cultural or situational differences.
· Risk awareness and mitigation.
· Ability to develop and execute source strategies in multiple purchasing groups (manufacturing, services, technologies, foundry, fabrication, raw materials…)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.