Strategic Communications Specialist
Everest Insurance Company
Marketing & Communications
It's an exciting time for Everest Group, Ltd. ("Everest")! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
Everest is a growth company with $14 Billion of Gross Written Premium offering Property, Casualty and specialty products among others, through its various operating subsidiaries located in key markets around the world. Everest has been a global leader in reinsurance with a broad footprint, deep client relationships, underwriting excellence, responsive service and customized solutions. Our insurance arm draws upon impressive global resources and financial strength to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Our financial strength is evident in Financial Agency Ratings of: A+ A. M. Best, A+ S&P Global and A1 Moody's Investor Service. We are a market leader for our broad diversified income streams, strong underlying underwriting performance with reduced volatility and strong cash flow. We take pride in being known in the industry as nimble, entrepreneurial and responsive.
About the role:
The Insurance Division's Office of Strategy Management is looking for a Strategic Communications Specialist, a type of corporate storyteller, to join their team. This individual will support a range of communications needs, from planning to execution, in support of clearly articulating the insurance division's vision, mission, and objectives across the organization. The right candidate possesses the ability to build a strong narrative in compelling ways. This role reports to the Head of Insurance Strategy and collaborates frequently with our group marketing and communications team, as well as the leaders of multiple functional and underwriting divisions of the insurance organization.
The overarching goal is to amplify Everest Insurance's insurance strategy to critical stakeholders with clear and consistent messaging.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Support the development of internal communications strategy with business leadership for increased integration and collaboration between departments
- Determine strategic priorities and talking points for internal communications initiatives, including providing lead communications support for townhalls and department and insurance leadership meetings
- Assist with developing and managing the internal communications editorial calendar and providing organization and project status updates, in close coordination with senior internal communications manager
- Serve as project management lead on maintaining communications calendar for internal initiatives across departments and practices, tracking status updates and deliverables
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team teams on how the insurance division can effectively communicate opportunities, capabilities and timely updates
- Coordinate and manage the development, editing and publication of technical "white papers" and other similar materials
- Support drafting of leadership messages and other executive communications
- Serve as strategic support on executing special projects and campaigns including annual leadership conferences and meetings
- Provide editorial support for all internal communications features and deliverables to enhance engagement and add content value
- All other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in strategic communications in an insurance or financial services organization
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience developing or providing inputs into communications strategy or communications plans
- Experience translating technical concepts to functional audiences, including senior leaders
- Experience writing newsletters, articles, and internal organization communications
- Ability to work with senior leaders, respond to changing priorities, and adapt writing styles to meet the needs of audiences at various levels
- Strong team builder who can both collaborate effectively and efficiently as well as work independently to achieve results
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent education and work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong consultation skills
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
- Action oriented and strong work ethic.
- Intellectual curiosity to delve into various business problems.
- Must possess excellent analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment, use influence to build rapport and connectivity across multiple functions and leadership levels
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, assume higher levels of responsibility, and demonstrate ability to influence others.
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at email@example.com.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.