Vallen’s Storeroom Team Leader is an individual contributor that is on-site at a customer’s location and assists leadership with coordinating work assignments and training others on storeroom operations, handling storeroom materials, usage of storeroom tools (etc. power tools, etc.), and addressing customer issues. They perform all the duties as those they train and provide guidance on following operating policy and procedures. Functional duties may include, but are not limited to customer service, purchasing, warehouse/crib attendance, inventory management and/or other storeroom operational support.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high-level of customer service by responding to customers via phone, email or in person.
- Coordinates and performs work that involves ordering, receiving, inspecting, returning, unloading, shelving, binning, packing, labeling, pricing, delivering and maintaining a perpetual inventory of the customer’s material.
- Prioritizes and assigns tasks to ensure the team resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Enters data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date and accurate inventory records; retrieves stored information from the system of record.
- May assist with monitoring the effectiveness of handling procedures and space utilization and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Trains, mentors, and monitors others on storeroom operations, handling storeroom materials, usage of storeroom tools (etc. power tools, etc.), addressing customer issues.
- Assists with ensuring the safe operation of storeroom.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
High school diploma or equivalent and 3+ years of related experience. Experience should include.
- Demonstrated product, industry and supply chain systems knowledge.
- Demonstrate strong communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Quality mindset with attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Proficiency with MS-Office products (Excel, Word) and the technical aptitude to learn all company specific programs and software applications.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations may be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.).
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
- Must have the ability to work physical inventory.
- May be required to work in extreme hot, cold, or dusty environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, associates are regularly required to sit, stand, bend, and climb.
- May be required to lift up to 100 lbs with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety, and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook,
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, and a definitive career path.
This job has expired.