Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
Standardized Patient Emulator-Lanier Park Campus
The Standardized Patient Emulator will play the role of a patient or medical staff member to facilitate the training of physicians, nurses, and other health professionals. He/she will follow scripting and direction to display signs/symptoms of various medical conditions. He/she will support healthcare providers in learning the value of connection, empathy, and astute inquiry and assessment in patient care. Must be willing and able to participate in a series of physical exams while dressed in a hospital gown in a simulated patient room. Does not involve invasive procedures. Hours of work will be on an as-needed basis according to the training schedules and needs of the Simulation Center.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Preferred Education requirements:
- Experience or training in acting (theatre or drama) is preferred.
- Multi-lingual proficiency preferred.
- No experience as a Standardized Patient required.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ability to memorize simulated patient information and accurately portray specific symptoms and/or behaviors.
- Strong reading, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity in the evaluation and training of health care professionals.
- Flexibility with schedules, job responsibilities, and changes in working environment. Ability to explore and develop creative alternatives to challenges.
- Professional demeanor and demonstration of excellent communication, organizational, and relationship skills. Customer service focused.
- Accurately portray a patient and simulate and/or verbalize a variety of physical symptoms and behaviors.
- Participate in a series of physical exams while wearing a hospital gown (with undergarments beneath).
- Memorize detailed simulated patient history and case information to accurately respond to assessment questioning. Confidentially evaluate learners through utilization of a written checklist of performance standards.
- Be willing to be videotaped and/or observed during physical examinations.
- Be flexible in scheduling and able to commit to scheduled shifts.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals- Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals- Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs- Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers- Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces- Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.