Staff VP Workforce Management
Location: Within a 50 mile radius of an Elevance Health office.
Responsible for the development of strategic workforce management systems and IT solutions in multiple complex operating environments across the enterprise supporting internal and external customers and vendors. Plans, directs, and controls the development and end to end lifecycle of workforce application design and delivery for all business areas, not only Operations. This role will also drive human resource development in the area of business analysis and leadership in the design, development and implementation of complex IT solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead strategy, design and implementation of IT solutions that enable workforce optimization.
- Oversee and maintain the staffing strategy and models that maximize the use of resources to achieve business strategic objectives, meet contractual service level agreements and drive strong performance across all geographic locations.
- Responsible for planning, forecasting, and maintaining effective resource capacity models and customer service support across multiple functions.
- Implement technology solutions for improved KPI visualization and performance.
- Support capacity management across business functions within Customer Service, collaborating with functional leaders at all levels to achieve business results and standards.
- Responsible for headcount & demand forecasting and planning (future and real time) activities including staff schedules to cover 24-7 operations with short, medium, and long-term strategy to meet performance service level agreements and turnaround time expectations.
- Work with business partners as part of the forecasting process to identify demand and business needs; translate needs into appropriate capacity models that enable Customer Service strategies. Consult with business and matrix partners to create, prioritize, and maintain strategic plans and goals across several lines of business.
- Prepare business teams to support upcoming changes and apply staff adjustments in support of change.
- Coordinate, communicate and maintain business contingency management processes across all resiliency plans for the business as well as execution of disaster recovery for people, process and technology with minimum impact to our members.
- Manages the business risk associated with the delivery of new solutions and enhancements.
- Ensures facilitation and integration to all enterprise solutions delivery initiatives between business leads, IT and enterprise counterparts. Makes final decisions within scope at the business unit level and ensures effective achievement of operations' objectives.
- Project support as well as production support (Inquiries, Rapid Response, Small Enhancements and Defects); Oversight for all work intake, production support prioritization, resource management, and process/procedure development and maintenance for core and ancillary systems and operating models across the enterprise; Maximizes system investments and efficiencies; Directs the establishment and enforcement of standardized business analysis processes.
BA/BS and minimum of 15 years' experience managing and directing large scale IT projects in a complex business and systems environment, systems conversion, process reengineering and operations experience, multi-site system environment experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Experience with large scale business change, strategy development and execution experience. Ability to travel required. Preferred Capabilities, Skills and Experiences:
- Background in Customer Service Operations combined with workforce management, technology and analytics.
- Well-verse in various workforce management systems.
- Highly advanced strategic management and organization skills, strong IT architecture, leadership skills across geographic and lines of business to drive change,
- Extraordinary ability to influence behavior, in depth experience with project management methodology and tools including testing and QA practices,
- Alliance and consensus building capabilities to drive project management solutions,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and stakeholders, excellent facilitation, and negotiation skills,
- Ability to create and sell strategic project management solutions strongly preferred.
(Official Title: Staff VP Business Solutions)
For candidates working in person or remotely in the below locations, the salary* range for this specific position is $168,560.00 to $303,408.00
Locations: California; Colorado; Nevada; Washington State; Jersey City, NJ; New York City, NY; Ithaca, NY and Westchester County, NY
In addition to your salary, Elevance Health offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the company. The company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of gender, race, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local pay equity laws.
* The salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level. Even within the range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market/business considerations. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.