Sign-on incentive: Candidates are eligible for a sign on incentive of up to $12,500 based on experience
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse (RN) to assess patients' nursing care needs, evaluate effectiveness of care provided, and integrate nursing theory and research into clinical practice.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®Percent of Time:
90%-100% - 36-40 hours per weekSchedule: v
arying shifts every other weekend, every other holidayLocation:
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa Salary:
$54,000 (at 90% effort) to commensurate (not including inpatient or shift differential)SEIU Pay Plan:
Shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts. Premium pay for additional shifts greater than 4 hours. Inpatient differential of $5,000 per year Benefits Highlights:
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
Relocation Assistant available to qualified applicants.
For more information about Why Iowa?, click hereEducation Required
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Tolerance for active work environment with potential for violence and/or negative behavior is required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Previous RN mental health or healthcare experience is desirable
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures is desired
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Lindsey Fudge at Lindsey-Fudge@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lindsey Fudge
- Contact Email: email@example.com