Are you the type of person who can stay focused through long, intense procedures? Are you comfortable using, and even energized by, the latest medical technology? Do you have recent ICU experience and a strong clinical background?
If so, you may be a good fit for New England's premier community hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, which is searching for a staff nurse in the Electrophysiology and Pacemaker (EP) Lab. The EP Lab is internationally recognized for its innovative advances in clinical electrophysiology, cardiac arrhythmias and pacemakers. Established in 1978, the highly skilled EP Lab team works collaboratively to diagnose and treat cardiac arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.There are various types and causes of cardiac arrhythmia that impact about 4 million Americans today. As the EP Staff Nurse, you will assist a team of doctors and nurses as they perform diagnostic tests, conduct diagnostic studies and carry out device implantations and complex ablations.
To fill this position, we're looking for:
- Individuals who are highly motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Talented and compassionate caregivers with an advanced knowledge of cardiovascular path physiology
- People who thrive in a fast-paced environment where accuracy and professionalism are required and rewarded
- Effective and considerate communicators who are also skilled patient educators
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. But first, please make sure you meet these requirements:
- Current Nursing Registration in Massachusetts
- A MINIMUM of 2 years ICU and cardiac experience preferred.
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications
- Advanced knowledge of interventional procedures for acute cardiac/circulatory/respiratory emergency
- Advanced knowledge and skills for assessment and evaluation of chronically ill cardiac patients
Only candidates who meet all of these requirements will be considered.This is a 40 hour position; shifts Monday - Friday.
About Massachusetts General Hospital:
Founded in 1811, Massachusetts General Hospital is the third-oldest hospital in the country, and the largest hospital in New England. Throughout our 180 year history, MGH has been on the cutting-edge of healthcare and one of the most respected employers in New England. We strongly stress work/life balance and career growth for all of our employees. Our benefits and perks include health/dental insurance, a retirement plan, 403b, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, childcare center and a fitness center. There is only one MGH!EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
This job has expired.