WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world's largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data - spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices - so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium's turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium's customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers' and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a highly motivated Staff Data Ops Engineer to manage, improve and scale our data pipelines. The ideal candidate will have previously shown the ability to design, implement and maintain new and existing databases, data pipelines and data warehouses, Additionally, experienced in monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding of data metrics. The Staff Cloud Data Engineer works closely with Cloud Engineering Operations, Product Developers, Product Owners and Customer Support on new architecture and feature introductions.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- Create, maintain and execute on improvements to our data pipeline and databases as we scale our systems to meet customer demand.
- Enhance and extend database, data pipeline and data warehouse performance and scalability.
- Identify relevant business metrics and implement real time monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
- Analyze and communicate data and database problems.
- Participate in performance and load test efforts.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the test data environments and test data.
- Respond to non production and production incidents on a rotating basis.
- Rotating 2nd Level on call with a team of 3-4
- Implement customer facing Service Requests involving data processing
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years' experience in Data Warehousing/Data Lakes (Redshift Classic/Spectrum, DataBricks preferred)
- 10+ years' experience with RDBMs (Postgres, MySQL)7+ years' experience with data pipeline technologies (kinesis, EMR, kafka(MSK), kubernetes)
- 7+ years' experience with Linux
- 5+ years' with AWS dbs and data stores
- 5+ years' with observability, monitoring and alerting tools (DataDog, SumoLogic, Cloudwatch, Opsgenie preferred)
- 3+ years' experience with NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with data migrations from one data platform to another
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in with terraform and deploying infrastructure as code
- Experience with automating data and db deployments/upgrades (Liquidbase preferred)
- Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs
- Experience working in a 24X7X365 SaaS environment
- Experience with HIPAA/PHI/GDPR data security and privacy
At Tealium, we don't just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
- Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work)
, our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
- Tealium Cares
, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
- Tealium Connects (remote-first working)
, enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
- Tealium Ownership
, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
- Tealium Time
, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
- Healium Be-Well Break
, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
- Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium)
, offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
- Health and Related Benefits Programs
, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium's solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
*Offerings vary by level and location.
This job has expired.