Job ID: 480879
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across North America. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
At Ash Grove Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits package and opportunities for your continued growth and development!
The Sr. Terminal Operator performs advanced procedures involved with loading trucks and unloading railroad cars. This position assists Terminal Operators and Managers in the maintenance of terminal equipment and grounds. The position supports the team to manage small projects and other product quality control or technically oriented tasks related to a petroleum products facility.
What you'll be contributing:
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Promote and follow all plant safety guidelines.
- Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Assures proper cement types are loaded into bulk trucks.
- Operates pneumatic and mechanical equipment for truck loading from computer console using programmed screens, keyboard, and mouse.
- Assures proper cement types are unloaded from railcars into designated silos, without contamination of cement types, using pneumatic and gravity railcar unloading equipment.
- Operate Railcar Mover (Track Mobile) for the movement of railcars through the plant area.
- Operates power sweeper, forklift truck, and skid steer.
- Uses credit approval lists, cement inventory reports, and approved shipping instructions to determine if a customer's request for cement can be loaded.
- Maintains shipping logs, prepares bills of lading, and calculates split-load tonnages based on a trucker's instructions.
- Performs daily activities associated with handling inquiries and orders for customers and sales personnel.
- Performs general cleanup duties around the Terminal.
- Performs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting as trained.
- Initiates and performs maintenance.
- Performs testing of system safety devices, and periodic inspections of tanks, valves, or piping.
What's next for you?
- Ability to read, write and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, etc.
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years experience in one of the following areas mechanical, welding, or electrical.
- Ability to operate the loading systems used in loading trucks and railcars.
- Ability to operate sweeper and general hand tools.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations to calculate loads going into trucks by using general math calculations.
- Proficient in database input and have the ability to use a computer.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing basic mechanical, pneumatic, and minor electrical malfunctions.
- Knowledge of terminal operation policies and procedures.
- Proficient in using terminal equipment and computerized systems.
- Ability to operate all terminal equipment including railcar vibrators, silos and related equipment, switch engine, and rail cars.
- Ability to refer all problems to supervisor for guidance.
We provide stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. The physical demands, working environment, and other conditions of employment listed in this document are representative of but are not intended to provide an exhaustive list of the requirements for positions in this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: May 24, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Las Vegas Job Segment:
Facilities, Electrical, Database, Warehouse, Forklift, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology