There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Hybrid: This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
Core Job Responsibilities:
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Design, develop, and deliver scalable microservices and elegant front ends
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Assists with Performance tuning, usabilityassessment/improvement
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code orsolution/configuration
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Knowledge of Software testing, quality assurance and solutions testing including automation
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software applications
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts as needed
- Aggressively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues
- Must be experienced with performance Optimization, Test Driven Development, Enterprise software integration patterns and methods, Performance tuning & usability,assessment/improvement
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of full stack software development experience
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrates experience/knowledge of RESTful web services
- 2+ years leveraging Micro services and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 2+ years utilizing industry standard DB technologies
- Java, Spring Boot,.Net Core, C#
- Kubernetes/Cloud, Docker, Micro services
- SQL, Messaging (Kafka,Pulsar,RabbitMQ), Maven, Postgres
- TFS, Azure Dev Ops, Nodejs
- Distributed Cache (Redis), Logging/Analytics (ELK)
- CSS Preprocessors, Front End Architecture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.