Job Posting Title
Sr. Quality Compliance SupervisorPosition Summary
Senior Quality Supervisor, Compliance and Food Safety
At Ferrara we continue our growth and we are hiring and expanding nationwide! We are agile. We are ambitious. We are collaborative. Together, we are shaping the future of the candy and cookie industry and sharing goodness in the process. Sound like the kind of career you could sink your teeth into? We would love to have you on our team! You will be a vital part of a team providing quality products to millions of people daily.
Ferrara, a related company of Ferrero Group, is an emerging powerhouse in the North American confections and snacking categories. A $3B organization, Ferrara is No. 1 in seasonal confections and No. 2 in sugar confections, and has entered the world's largest cookies market through the acquisition of a beloved portfolio of cookie brands, a category growing at more than 4%.
The purpose of this position is to design, implement and manage the food safety, quality and regulatory compliance procedures for the facility. The Senior Quality Supervisor ensures the bakery is in compliance with all applicable Local, State and Federal Food Laws through alignment with all auditing requirements and champions continuous Food Safety and Quality Process Improvement.
- Creates and manages the plant QA/Food Safety technical and compliance system to ensure food safety
- Create and maintain programs and policies as needed for full certification according to the "Good Manufacturing Processes", HAACP, and applicable GFSI scheme.
- Ensures implementation and continuity of all key traceability, inspection, program management, and microbial program metrics.
- Completes root cause analysis for product or plant events
- Manages plant Environmental Monitoring Program
- Manages and tracks plant Food Safety training to ensure 100% compliance across all departments
- Conducts Food Safety Risk Assessments to ensure conforming plant operations
- Oversees all certification programs to ensure compliance against schemes or protocols
- Develops and evolves plant Food Safety programs to ensure compliance in an ever changing environment
- Manages all third party certifications (ex. Kosher and Halal certifications)
- Works with Quality and Food Safety Manager on product innovation and ingredient changes
- Manages the internal audit program with a cross functional team
- Works with Quality and Food Safety Manager for strategic planning on program and capital needs or changes
- Manages plant validation programs for Allergen testing
- Develops, reviews and updates standard operating procedures
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages and develops team (where applicable).
- Ability to give clear directions
- Demonstrated analytic, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in hygienic design and practices
- Knowledge of manufacturing, sanitation practices, HACCP, FSMA, GMP's and SSOP's.
- Strong working knowledge of continuous process improvement
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and substantial experience in quality and food safety
- Masters or certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- HAACP Certification
- SQF Practitioner certification
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, employment decisions and opportunities at Ferrara will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, disability, handicap, genetic information, pregnancy (childbirth or related medical condition), or on any other basis prohibited by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.