Sr. Project Manager - Transportation
Career Area: Engineering - Civil
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced and talented Senior Project Manager to join our Transportation Business Unit (BU) and lead significant growth of our Georgia practice.
This position is based in one of our Atlanta, GA area locations:
Atlanta/Vinings - 2839 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia, 30339
Gwinnett - 6525 The Corners Parkway, Suite 450, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092
In this role, you will provide direction and leadership to our Georgia-based transportation team in support of Barge's strategic priority to grow its current portfolio of services and clients across Georgia. This is a career opportunity that encompasses growing, leading, and mentoring our local practice, with additional opportunities to support complementary initiatives across our firm's geography. This position will partner closely with the Transportation BU's Director of Projects, who is also based in Georgia, to achieve the desired performance metrics for quality delivery, profitability, and growth.
Additional responsibilities include:
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Support development and execution of the Transportation BU's Business Plan that aligns with the firm's Strategic Plan and annual performance objectives.
- Collaborate with Business Unit Director (BUD), Client Service Leaders (CSLs) and Marketing for the development and execution of client marketing plans, pursuit strategies, teaming agreements, proposals, and interviews.
- Effectively perform project management functions including but not limited to:
- Developing proposals and negotiating contracts;
- Developing and monitoring project schedules, budgets, billing, and collections;
- Providing technical oversight of projects to adhere to Barge's Quality Program;
- Facilitating external and internal meetings during all project phases; and
- Managing changes in scope and/or level of effort over the life of projects.
- Develop conceptual design solutions in response to client goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with technical discipline leaders to develop reports, designs, plans, and/or specifications for projects.
- Provide direction and supervision to assigned staff to ensure effective management of workload, performance, and professional development.
- Work with BUD to ensure that key skillsets and capabilities are in place to support current operational needs.
- Acquire and develop key capabilities through a combination of effective recruitment and workforce development.
- Collaborate with other departments to allocate resources on a firmwide basis and to share talent and work across the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why join us?
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- 10 - 15 years' of related experience in roadway design/project management
- Experience working with the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT)
- Strong design and technical credibility
- Excellent oral, written and graphical communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and deadlines
- Strong teambuilding skills
- Able to collaborate with other design disciplines
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.